Stripped thred bolt hole on the carrier??

LandRocket

Mar 9, 2014
New york state
I tryed tightening up the blasters chain abit today i noticed it was alittle lose, i noticed that when id go to turn the bolt in on the left side of carrier it wants to tighten then gives out, im assuming the hole itsself is striped out. i looked at the bolt itself & it looked fine. Should i try to rethred the hole with one size bigger & just get a bigger bolt to hold it tight??,
Hope i explained enough on whats going on for some correct help. Thanks guys!

i don't think there's room for a bigger bolt ?
the hole/threads are already very close to the edge of the adjuster
prolly best to get another one

Clipboard01.jpg

Thank you awk! Your a very helpful person!, would it be okay to ride intill i get a new one?, it tightens down & stays tight its just it doesnt tighten as much as id like it too.

Yea mine stripped as well. It's very thin metal, just make sure not to over tighten.
& im pretty sure the previous owner stripped it out on me. Its been raced so its got some age to it, so now im finding all these little bits & pieces that need to be replaced lol. ahh o well! & ill make sure not to over tighten when i get a new carrier adjustment arm.

Thank you awk! Your a very helpful person!, would it be okay to ride intill i get a new one?, it tightens down & stays tight its just it doesnt tighten as much as id like it too.

if i "HAD TO" run it like that, i'd want the stripped adjuster on the brake side, which is used to even out the adjustment/align the rearend.
the chain side actually does the adjusting of the chain and is more important than the other, IMO.

either side loosening and allowing the chain to slack or rearend to become misaligned can have bad results....
chain/sprocket wear, chain jumping off possibly wrecking an engine case, poor tire wear, ect.
replace the worn part ASAP.

it may be possible to slide another nut inside the adjuster to create a new set of threads for adjusting, then tighten the original jam nut to lock it in place ?

& im pretty sure the previous owner stripped it out on me. Its been raced so its got some age to it, so now im finding all these little bits & pieces that need to be replaced lol. ahh o well! & ill make sure not to over tighten when i get a new carrier adjustment arm.
When I bought mine I had lots of little things to replace. Then it turned into a complete rebuild. I'm getting my cylinder, crank, and flywheel back from Ken Oconner Racing on Monday. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning.

hhaha, i think we all get alittle to impatient when it comes to those things :D, im trying to tighten chain and i know i have to losen the two ajuster bolts but they get tight and wont move back end at all to tighten chain am i missing any other bolts i have to loosen up?

hhaha, i think we all get alittle to impatient when it comes to those things :D, im trying to tighten chain and i know i have to losen the two ajuster bolts but they get tight and wont move back end at all to tighten chain am i missing any other bolts i have to loosen up?

yes, you have to loosen the 2 carrier bolts that run thru and hold the carrier to the swingarm ears