Stripped oil drain screw

Tavmonsta58

May 15, 2017
Stripped my oil drain screw trying to get it out, f@!#$rs in there tight. Any suggestions? Maybe cut a notch for a flathead & visegrips? Channel locks? I have a spare screw just need to get this one out as clean as possible.. thanks

When this happened to me I stood the quad upright and took a pair of visegrips got it around the head and got it to crack, that or try to fit a smaller size socket on there and get it to crack if your lucky

Heat around the plug and let it cool several times. Other suggestions/ideas are good. Might consider welding a junk or cheap socket to the plug. Grind/sand chrome off socket for good weld.

I had the same problem...used a self-tightening pipe wrench but any of the other ideas should work.

it happened to me as well on a blaster that i had just bought.
warm up the engine to operating temperature
shut it off
stand it on it's azz end.
then i used a pair of vise grips locked on super tight
then put a pipe wrench on the vise grips to turn it
as in ''there is not enough room down there to just vise grip it''.
pounding on a socket 1-2 size smaller could work as well

Reactions: Jre720
Well couldnt get it so im gonna have to use a cutting wheel & flathead and hope it doesnt break.. Took crankcase cover off and drained it that way, found the footpeg was welded on so i cant pull the cover fully off.. Found some metal in the oil so its a pain i cant fully pull the cover off but the kickstarter misses alot and has no pressure sometimes, what could be messed up with it? Thinking this could be the culprit to the metal but dont know what to do or where to look.. thanks

Make sure that little spring on the kickstarter is on right.I had the same problem and fixed it by putting that spring on correctly

Reactions: bummer981
they do have special sockets to extract stripped bolts yah know
you can buy them online or at a auto parts store= bolt extractors ect
i really doubt a flat head screwdriver is going to work ,it will just strip out worse.
yet after reading welding on foot peg's and all other issues best of luck.:)

Reactions: speedyslyder