2005 Blaster Oil Question

RAM

Sep 5, 2020
Hi,

I just bought a 2005 Blaster. The guy I bought it from was washing it before I arrived. He said after the wash it wouldn’t start. He was concerned so he added more oil. After a while he figured out the electronics were just a little wet, once it dried it started right up. But since he added more oil it was spewing out oil from under the headlight area. He said this is where the oil overflow is located. It’s now longer spewing out oil but it’s still slowly leaking oil from this area(by headlight). Should I just drain the oil and pour new oil in? Or will it just eventually spew out the excess oil? Also, is there a overflow tank by the headlight that I should drain?

new blaster owner just trying to enjoy the new ride with no oil going everywhere.

Thanks!

Reactions: Awk08
He's correct but oh so wrong, that is where the transmission overflow hose runs too, up under the hood,
but anyone who thinks adding more trans oil will help a 2 stroke engine start should stick to pedal bikes :eek:
So yes, drain the overfilled transmission oil (that's all it is, not engine lubricant) and refill with 650ml (3/4 quart) of any name brand 10w-30 motor oil
I like the Mobile1 4t for wet clutch bikes/atv's available at most auto parts stores and walmarts

Thanks for the quick response back. Few more questions:

-You recommend 10W30, but he was using 10W40. Does it matter which one I use? I’m in Texas and it’s very hot right now. Not sure if that matter for the type of trans oil. Read somewhere that Motul Transoil is good. Just not sure if I should use 10w30 or 10w40.

-This quad is also using the stock oil injection system. Which kind/type of oil do you recommend I pour in the injection tank?

-He also recommended I use Shell Premium Gas. Is this a good option for fuel?

Hi,

I just bought a 2005 Blaster. The guy I bought it from was washing it before I arrived. He said after the wash it wouldn’t start. He was concerned so he added more oil. After a while he figured out the electronics were just a little wet, once it dried it started right up. But since he added more oil it was spewing out oil from under the headlight area. He said this is where the oil overflow is located. It’s now longer spewing out oil but it’s still slowly leaking oil from this area(by headlight). Should I just drain the oil and pour new oil in? Or will it just eventually spew out the excess oil? Also, is there a overflow tank by the headlight that I should drain?

new blaster owner just trying to enjoy the new ride with no oil going everywhere.

Thanks!
I would drain it and refill with 650ml of oil.
For two reasons first the level will be right
And. You ussualy want to change it when you buy a 2t anyway. You don't know how old it is and see if it has any silver color to it
Start fresh

Read that Motul Transoil is good. Just not sure if I should use 10w30 or 10w40.

-This quad is also using the stock oil injection system. Which kind/type of oil do you recommend I pour in the injection tank?

-He also recommended I use Shell Premium Gas. Is this a good option for fuel?