stripped drain plug and new clucth basket

Gideon

Sep 12, 2019
hey ive got a 2006 special edition yamaha blaster and i have stripped oil drain threads and dont really know what to do about it. i want a permanent solution so i wont have to mess with it again and was just thinking about finding someone local and just paying them to fix it but im not sure. i also need a new clutch basket and i see this deal with a tusk clutch kit with a wiseco clutch basket for 215$ on ebay and was thinking about getting that as well but not sure if its worth it.

I used one of these Dorman Oversized Drain Plugs from Advance Auto before with good results, make sure it's not longer than our original plug or it will go in too deep and interfere with the shift drum
I don't recall if these are already oversized for the size listed on the package, or if you need to go up to the next size ?
I think I bought a few and returned the ones I didn't use.......

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/w...iGKDKFD6j2LM2jRK-dhoCuNkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

the Wiseco/Tusk clutch kit you mention will do you good

ok will do, i bought a 12mm x 1.75 over sized plug and it didn't go in too smoothly i keep screwing back and forth loosening it and it slowly went in but wasn't making much progress so i stopped because i didn't want to damage the threads anymore. im not that experienced with tapping or mechanics that much so i dont know if the screw i bought is supposed to go in smoothly or kinda hard.so i guess i try a regular 12mm x 1.50 plug and try that.

ok will do, i bought a 12mm x 1.75 over sized plug and it didn't go in too smoothly i keep screwing back and forth loosening it and it slowly went in but wasn't making much progress so i stopped because i didn't want to damage the threads anymore. im not that experienced with tapping or mechanics that much so i dont know if the screw i bought is supposed to go in smoothly or kinda hard.so i guess i try a regular 12mm x 1.50 plug and try that.
Get the thread pitch from you original plug. You mentioned 2 difrent theads earlier. You do not want to change thread pitch.
They should have something to measure the thread pitch of original plug.