Stock needle or not?

Exhaust and intake are fine.
Is it possible that the engine has been ported or something and is taking a larger main just because its moving air more efficiently?
Even if it was ported that would not account for that large of a jet. Sorry I know you are probably frustrated with this answer, but just sounds like there has to be a leak somewhere. Are you premixing or injection? Carb nipple capped?

PreMixing carb nipple is capped.
I cannot find an air leak anywhere the leak test passed great, exhaust is good,intake is good
that's why i was suspecting the aftermarket needle possibly causing it.

What does a typical blaster run for a main jet with no air filter lid and aftermarket foam filter, injection system removed still has factory exhaust maybe a 250 main?

I think im gonna get a factory needle and see how it runs and do a plug chop and compare to what it is now.

If you are using any needle other than the stock one with the clip on the middle slot, you will chase your own tail until you eventually disappear up your own orifice.

Stock engine with air box lid removed and after market air filter will need no more than a #260 main jet.

32.5 pilot jet, needle in middle slot.

Float level must be between 20 - 21.5 mm, the idle must be then set as per specs, starting with the air screw 1 1/2 turns out wit a hot engine!

The float must be stopping the fuel entering the bowl when it is to the full point!

Last edited: