Stock Carb ?

Apr 12, 2009
SW Florida
Hey guys I was wondering how far the stock carb will take me as far as modding. I already have open air box and K&N, FMF fatty exhaust, v-force 3 reeds, wiseco pro-lite piston, carb is main jetted at 270-280 and I still want some more power out of my blaster. I was thinking of having the head redone and a port and polish. I just would like to know if the stock carb will handle those extra mods? I also have a mikuni flatslide tm33 in my shop. Will that carb work for the blaster ? If all Fails Im selling her and buying a banshee haha....

the 33 will work with the port & head redesign. otherwise the OKO 30mm is a popular choice as well

Thanks for all the info ! I Am really curious how fast it will be with the stroker crank, port and head redeisgn along with the bigger carb. The tm Carb I have has a 58MM OD input and 40MM OD Output. I am trying to calculate cost of this build and it looks like it would set me back about 400 -500. Here is the question no one wants to answer lol should I just get a banshee ? haha

haha yeah I do like this forum very helpful with everything. I think I will haveto keep the blaster no matter what so I can stay on the forum heh... I do like the effect the blaster has on people when I race them its kind of like a "sleeper"> I think I will end up doing the port and head that will only cost me about 200 bucks and since I already have the carb that wouldnt be too bad.

Another option is to mod the carb you have, keeping your stock intake/boot, etc.

RBDesigns does a great job with the carb mod, they will bore it 30mm and add the low circuitry divider plate for low end throttle response, all for about $100 and keeping all the fixin's stock. This is what I did and huge performance gain over the stock 26mm throat.

See the link in my sig for them, definitely another great choice if ya don't wanna mess with replacing/modding the intake boots, keep the stock look/fit, etc.

just an FYI

i got a brand new oko 28 id sell for $50.00 pm if u want brand new neverhad gas through it