Stator

melonBerry

Jul 10, 2010
va
are the stators compatible for all years? just wondering? or do i have to have same 88-02 stators with 88-02 cdi? vice versa

all 88-02 stators are the same, and all 03+ stators are the same
the 03+ stators can be used on the 02- by grounding the extra green wire to the frame

I have been lead to believe you can use a 88-02 stator with a 03+ WIRING YOU JUST LEAVE THE GREEN WIRE ON THE HARNESS SIDE DISCONNECTED. However, I haven't tried this yet, but this is how my 05 will be, as I had to replace my new defective stator, with a 4 wire, I just haven't fired it up yet. I will be the guinee pig for this for sure, unless someone has already tried this! If it doesn't work, I'm gonna try and ground that green wire on the harness and see. i will report back what I find.

Hell- perfect time to try it after work!

I have been lead to believe you can use a 88-02 stator with a 03+ WIRING YOU JUST LEAVE THE GREEN WIRE ON THE HARNESS SIDE DISCONNECTED. However, I haven't tried this yet, but this is how my 05 will be, as I had to replace my new defective stator, with a 4 wire, I just haven't fired it up yet. I will be the guinee pig for this for sure, unless someone has already tried this! If it doesn't work, I'm gonna try and ground that green wire on the harness and see. i will report back what I find.

Hell- perfect time to try it after work!
thats what we did on daves 03 when we put a 2001 motor in it. it works.

well im praying when i get home i can check it out i hope its an 03 if its 88-02 ima try hooking it to the frame. now how can i keep it hook to the frame? i need a picture description. im like the dad on christmas who puts the toys together by looking at the box! that's me! lmao I:I

well im praying when i get home i can check it out i hope its an 03 if its 88-02 ima try hooking it to the frame. now how can i keep it hook to the frame? i need a picture description. im like the dad on christmas who puts the toys together by looking at the box! that's me! lmao I:I

Wait if your quad is an 88-02 and the stator is an 03+ then all u do is make a jumper and connect it to the green wire and then hook it to any ground point on the frame.

If you have a 03+ quad and want to use a 88-02 stator just leave the green wire from the harness unplugged

If you have a 03+ quad and want to use a 88-02 stator just leave the green wire from the harness unplugged

well said thanx bro! I:I and since i have this high output stator kit do i need to special solter the wires on it? and how much would it cost gettin someone else to do it? i never did this to a stator. i soldered a computer chip making mics in engineering class but that was almost 4yrs ago! idk how the hell to do it now! lol

well said thanx bro! I:I and since i have this high output stator kit do i need to special solter the wires on it? and how much would it cost gettin someone else to do it? i never did this to a stator. i soldered a computer chip making mics in engineering class but that was almost 4yrs ago! idk how the hell to do it now! lol

Yes it all get soldered, If ya send it to me, I'd be more than happy to do it for nothing, But it is pretty easy to do.

here is a write-up!

http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/rebuilding-stock-stator-pics-42829/