Starts of the blaptor build!!!!

I'm gonna add bracing and gussets were ever I can!! And as for the gas tank. I didn't get that far yet but I see what you guys are saying about the heat I will address that problem when I get there. Probly some heat tape and some kind of heat shield. I still gotta mount the rad. And the oil tank somewhere

Thats not an 03 Frame, if you want pics of an 03 Frame, I can take some. My friends blasty has an 03 Frame and Carrier.

On the other hand, this should be neat when done, but seems like overkill.

And as far as excess heat to the gas tank, get 2 or 3inch wide aluminum tape from Lowes or Home Depot (the stuff for ducting) and put that on the bottom of the tank. You will be pleased with the results.

yea i know its abit over kill but i got the motor for alomost nothing!!! And im IN NEED A FRAME!!! this is not gonna work nothin fits not even my plastics of my quad!!! so if anyone has a frame laying around for cheap please let my know. I live in Langhorne PA. thanks everyone.

Sucks to hear about the frame but at least you figured it out now and not near the end of the project.

Sweet project btw. I thought i was nuts wanting to put a cr250 motor in mine. I:I

Why not just relocate your gas tank? Mines under the seat and holds about 3 gallons.

Also if you need some ideas on how to mount up a radiator I can try and get some pictures of how mine is mounted up front. Might save ya some R&D time.

Nice rebuild, very big engine to a very little quad, you will have to try racing an original raptor 660 that has teh extra weight xD

well i pick up another frame!!!!!!!!! local to for $50. has a-arms,steering stem,and swing arm,and a set af nerfs!!!! im gonna use the other frame for tubing and cut what i need for bracing off it. hahaha. well time to start again. will update pics as soon as i get any further with the BLAPTOR.

that's good that you picked up another frame. yea you bough my old frame i gave it to my friend he was going to build it up and he told me yesterday he sold it lol..

Well heres what i got done today!!! Im not the greatest welder... im gonna get my pops to go over them all once i got everything were i want itI:I. will i moved the top of the frame up 4" so i can get the blaster gas tank to work so it still has the stock look!! and the steering steem i lenghend 5". next is the swing arm and some motor mounts!!!! I know the post i put in arent to straight but when im done with everything im gonna bondo the weld spots so you wont even tell!!!! OOOHHHH YEA and im gonna run DUAL EXHAUST!!!

well here it is!!!
Picture638.jpg

Picture639.jpg

Picture640.jpg

Picture641.jpg

Picture642.jpg

Picture643.jpg

some intake ideas. im gonna heat tape the pipe so it will look good! and i know i still have to move the rear shock mount!
Picture645.jpg

Picture644.jpg

Last edited: