Stalling in 4th

DickBob

Nov 18, 2008
My bike is running fairly smooth all the way through 4th gear, where it stalls out and kills. It's a 2001 blaster, pretty much stock. There also seems to be gas pouring from the carb when the motor is off. What could cause that?

I have to change a clutch on a 2005 but I don't have a book. Some guidance on that would help as well. I'm new to blasters, so any type of info you could give would be beneficial. Thanks!

Hmm i was thinking your float or slide could be getting stuck open. it would cause the carb to flood and poor gas out the over flow. but if its also comin from the bolw area as well you might need a new bowl gasket.

yeah, go with a rebuild kit, and make sure to turn your gas off when you arent riding it! i make that mistake all the time! mine did this same thing once but it would go first, second, third and then metal to metal clank, turned out i blew my piston so bad it cost me 1750.

Okay, I'll give the rebuild kit a try. I remember having this problem years ago on a different engine but I forgot what it was. I'll post the findings.

dickbob, you from around latrobe pa? lol j/w cuase where my brother works everyone is a bob, he's joshbob, there's an ericbob, scottbob, ronbob, etc lol j/w if thats where you got ur sn.