sputtering and bogging!

Please explain how this idle screw works. The ones im finding come in plastic and brass. It is just a screw nothing out. My carb has the plastic one in it broken off. How does this screw change any idleing issues?

Please explain how this idle screw works. The ones im finding come in plastic and brass. It is just a screw nothing out. My carb has the plastic one in it broken off. How does this screw change any idleing issues?

as it screws in it lifts the slide to increase idle rpm's
look on the slide, you'll see an indent that cooresponds to that screw for lifting

The screw will thread in or out, raising or lowering the slide, allowing the idle to adjust. That looks like a 35 PWK from what I see in thw pic.

Ill try to find you something.

If I new how to rep you guys I would. I purchased a plastic one because thats whats in their now. Im going to try and extract the broken one and put this new one in when I get it and what this does before I buy a new carb.

Reactions: Awk08
If I new how to rep you guys I would. I purchased a plastic one because thats whats in their now. Im going to try and extract the broken one and put this new one in when I get it and what this does before I buy a new carb.

we don't have reps anymore, just a "like" button in the bottom right of each post.
but we don't require those, we luv this chit :)

Reactions: blooper

Good deal. Those parts might get you straightend out, its worth a shot. Don't worry about the rep, I got a bad one as a kid!

Reactions: blooper
I extracted the ifle screw today, didnt take to long with a small drill bit amd screw gun. I put the reeds and spacer amd boot back on today as well after I took it off to take a picture. Guess what happens....bolt snapped off. Thought there was enough left so took a dremel to it for a flat head, no luck. Guess I will be extracting the bolt after Christmas. Never ends with this thing. I ordered a CFM air intake though, I was never too happy with the open filter. Hopefully the new idle screw and intake will all work out.

To finish this thread up with a solution. The end state was the stator fromebay was carbage so replaced with OEM and that fixed it, replaced seals as well both sides but they didnt look too bad to begin with. I had tons of underlining problems so the next to get fixed was the carb had a snapped off idle screw, I was able to fix that and it helped. Final was my entire bottom end was cracked hence why I had an airleak from hell. Never ends.

so others know, do you know what brand stator you got that turned out to be crap? rm, ricky, ricks??