sputtering and bogging!

it has been cleaned down to bare metal/or like i said the paint/or powered coat/or whatever the factory has goin on inside is gone.....look at the rest of cylinder/you should be able to tell if it was grinded at all,it is very obviuos

look at this pic..see the black inside/normal
someone could have raised exhaust port/or cleaned transfer ports/or even had the head modified/half to inspect it all..

innnnn.jpg

Yeah yours is not ported, no need for the large carb. You can see the edge of the port looks rough
20141223_204147.jpg

I was gonna say you could pull the head and see if its modded, but speedy beat me to it, I don't think just a modded head would justify that larger carb though. Most people tend to think, bigger carb more power, but there is a point of too big if the engine isn't built for it

Reactions: speedyslyder
  1. Well this just chaps my a$$. Why would anyone put this big carb on here. Thank you for all your help guys I appreciate it. I will get a new carb that fits this bike and give feed back on the post. I haye searchi g through all the posts that dont end with an answer or result, they just leave you hanging.

1. Well this just chaps my a$$. Why would anyone put this big carb on here. Thank you for all your help guys I appreciate it. I will get a new carb that fits this bike and give feed back on the post. I haye searchi g through all the posts that dont end with an answer or result, they just leave you hanging.

Alot of people don't understand these bikes. They automaticly think its bored .040 over so its 240cc, a bigger carb will give you more power, so on so forth.

It's nothing you did wrong at all boss, your trying to get it straighted out and running right. Pretty Much cleaning up someone elses mess.

Everything that was suggested about the carb situation will get you back up and running good. Carbs can be found pretty easily, check craigslist, and ebay. Buy some jets, and be rippin'!

Reactions: speedyslyder
Most people tend to think, bigger carb more power, but there is a point of too big if the engine isn't built for it
There are actually some varying opinions on here about what size carbs work best with certain setups. The concensus seems to be without any porting stock will work the best.

Alot of people don't understand these bikes. They automaticly think its bored .040 over so its 240cc, a bigger carb will give you more power, so on so forth.

It's nothing you did wrong at all boss, your trying to get it straighted out and running right. Pretty Much cleaning up someone elses mess.

Everything that was suggested about the carb situation will get you back up and running good. Carbs can be found pretty easily, check craigslist, and ebay. Buy some jets, and be rippin'!

experience tell us all,you dont know till you try it:)

I don't know much on the keihin carbs, but it will prob come in a rebuild kit, and the other should be air screw

What the hell is the screw below that? Apparently I have been adjusting the wrong screw. There is a screw broken off where you are pointing. Can you buy just an adjusting screw and spring?

The screw below it is the air screw! You should be able to get a replacement from carbpartswarehouse.com
carb pic.jpg