Splitting case for rebuild

BlasterSPL

Oct 4, 2008
Whats the best way splitting the case on an 01 Blaster? Im rebuilding from the bottom up and heard to use a Brass hammer to split the case..I just dont want to stress the cases like I hear about using a hammer..Also do you need a clutch tool to remove the clutch basket? I just received my Clymer service Manual and going .40 over on the cylinder bore..Also going to a 30mm Flatside carb from the Stock one..Im hoping to see a slight differance in Performance:-D..Thanks for any replys..Kurt

if u got a impact u can take off the clutch hub nut with ease or u can use the rag in the gears trick if u dont have an impact.
just put a rag in the gears and put a ratchet and socket on the nut and turn it till the gears tightn up on the rag and the nut will loosen up then just turn the clutch basket the other direction to get ya rag outa the gears and u do the same to tightn it back down

Thanks for the replys got it apart and ended up having a bad bearing on the crank..Replacing everything inside that needs replacing..Thanks again Kurt