Specialized's 89 Blaster Build

Well powdered my pegs,nerfs,kicker and a few brackets for the raptor fenders all gloss black.
Did my sprockets with a nice red has not chipped off anywhere noticable either, surprising how tuff powdercoating is.
got my seat cover finished.
New levers are on along with some new protaper pillow tops on the way.
Got a thumb assist thing WOW what a difference!!
now im waiting on the Hydro i got off here and ill install my swinger. Pics Soon!

Last edited:
a bit dirty but you get the idea
DSC02173.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

Last edited:
AWK08 is the man! Joe will hook ya up. Pm him.

What about the thumb assist thingy? I've been wondering about that, i have arthritis in my hands from a childhood accident and carpral tunnel from computer sh*t- about an hour into riding it kicks in, I have to take a break. This looked to maybe alleviate some of that, sh*t it'll be worth it if i can even get a hour or so more time in.

i guarantee it will help, my dad has a problem with his thumb acting up after a while and he seen i had this on the blasty so tried it out, he order 2 of them one for each of his quads.
it makes the throttle easier to push to , because you have more leverage

i was gettin them on ebay, i think it costed 16 bux shipped?
the guy had 10 of them when i bought it , but m dad went to buy some from him and he only had 1, but id imagine that there a few more for sale now.
i was kinda starting to hate the chinese stuff i was almost gonan peel it off.
Im ordering this Plastic dip stuff and im going to redo all the black plastics on her with that.
well see how it holds up

Ok that's where i was looking too. The oriental is one of a kind!! Plastic dip is ok but is rubbery. Not as durable as I thought, it would never hold up to the crap i have to rid in , but then again neither does painting!

ill keep that in mind, i might just leave it for now.
I FABBED UP SOME SHOCK BUSHINGS finally for a total cost of zero and some rad hose.
and i peiced together a hydraulic rear for a total of 85 bones shipped
ye haww

thanks man, i got her jetted just perfect today, run it for a few hours and im spot on.
cant wait to get the hydros on and powdercoat my extended swinger

Really?
im gonna give this a try, thanks for the tip , i may not need to buy a spacer now or i can atleast run it.

thats funny everyone from sask goes to manitoba or alberta because the drinking age is 18
is it 21 everywhere in the states?
the drinking age is 1 here to lol