sounds like a bad bearing in the bottom end time for rebuild?

fast02blaster

Nov 3, 2012
newark delaware
aight so i went and road my blaster this weekend and all of a sudden it started breaking up and bogging so took it home went for a ride now and it started to bog a little bit and getting a really nasty like nocking noise i noticed riding it tonight and parked it in garage let it idle and sounded like a bering or somethign in bottom end bad so im thinking time for a rebuild whats the best bang for my buck that wont take alot of machining or the different options to do

Well if ur crank is good then u can just change the bearings there about 60$ with the seals if u caught it in time u can get the cylinder cleaned up and stay same bore around me boring is 90 bucks my uncle owns a Harley shop so he does it for free if u got bad bearings in the trans they cost a bit

I wana stay around like 3-400 my top end was done not to long ago so it should still be good ill check after I do tear down I wana but a good strong motor for trail riding / hills

The 2 bolt holes to mount it I believe u widen them 4mm but I could be wrong search advanced timing and it will come up with pics. U can also try porting the jug itself there is a couple how to vids from kor they r on here somewhere also someone selling machined heads in the forsale section for 40 bucks or u can get one from ken oconner think a couple other ppl offer them on here

I just did my whole motor bought a stock stroke hot rod crank for 165 and 60 bucks for bearings I shoulda prob just bought there +3 crank was the same price then I coulda bought a head set up for it woulda been around 300$ prob then gotta buy a couple gaskets and yamabond

Don't u gotta mill the cases out for the +3 crank which kit did u use I wana do +3 possibly but what is the hot rod crank stock better than just the plain stock

Sometimes you have to mill the cases for a +3 Vito's. I guess we lucked out cause we didn't have to. Your best bet would be +3 crank, bearings and seals, and head mod. That will put you a 280 roughly (total cost including shipping.) then when you want to throw another 150 at it get it ported. This is assuming your top end is good. Do the free mods while your in the bottom end. Shift star mod and timing advance. That's what I would do.

It may pay to leak test and then remove the reed cage to see if you have dropped a little bit of skirt off the piston.