sleeve question

stephen12091985

Jan 1, 2009
(321)titusville,florida
should i resleeve my cylinder with a standard sleeve or reseleeve it with a big bore sleeve?mine is at 67.5mm right now and its gotta be bored and i think it would have to go past 68mm.68mm is the bigest you can go on stock cylinder correct?

well it depends on the price of the guy doing the machine work.

i figured it out to be cheaper to get a bb sleeve from wiseco, or la sleeve, to be about 100 -150 bucks cheaper than a vitos kit. but that didnt include the carb and pipe, only the sleeve, piston kit, and machine work.
you could probaly find a good topend off a member for cheaper than the cost of resleeveing also.

i'd go bigbore while your putting the money out there...i won a bb cylinder on ebay for 160 something. but if you are looking for a stock top end...i got one cylinder head and piston lmk

If you're just looking to get it running I'd recommend sourcing a low bore OEM cylinder. If you're looking for power output at the expense of reliability go for the big bore re-sleeve. But IMO the only good way to go big bore is a full cylinder/head kit.
-Brandon

If you're just looking to get it running I'd recommend sourcing a low bore OEM cylinder. If you're looking for power output at the expense of reliability go for the big bore re-sleeve. But IMO the only good way to go big bore is a full cylinder/head kit.
-Brandon

You talk about BB and reliability.I'd like to know more about what to look out for with a BB.