Silver Lake

I usually go there a few times a year. Good times. drag races every Saturday.

u gotta get a vid of it at dunes, gunna fly up those dunes

A couple days ago I was puttin the smack down on her and disintegrated a big end rod bearing. sh*t took out my brand new custom piston, my jug, and the head. I was pissed! No SL this year!
On a happy note me & Flotek planned a new combo and my spare cylinder is already on the way there.

The carnage

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

I've been there is really cool. not just the dunes but the 4 wheeler shops and the like 5 go-cart tracks and archades. pluse you can ride right up to lake michigan when your in the park. well about 40 yard because erothion is such a problem. NOT! stupid tree huggers. but I just wore my bathing suit riding so when we to a break, we could ride over and park our quads in frount of these signs that say no quads beond this piont and just go swiming

im trying to find someone from cadillac or the surrounding are with a truck to pull a couple of us down there, we need something big enough to haul a ltz 400 and a 400ex, got a trailer but nothing to pull it with and i really want to ride. i have bead to SL but not on quads just in the jeep and trucks.

Went there last weekend with the family.. Great place for riding ! Great area as well. Alot to do for everyone in our family. I am probably going back later this year for another weekend.. I can't wait to hit the dunes again.

Do you have to be 16 to ride there and if you wanted to ride on the beach you could just go to the u.p and ride on the beach at superior nobody ever is there.

If you are under 16 you will need to have your atv permit with you. My son got checked, and luckily he had it in his helmet. As far as riding on the beach you cannot do that at Silver Lake. There are alot of rules there, but they are intended to keep the dunes safe(ish), and to try to keep the environment relatively clean(ish).

It is a great place to go, but it is best to go go with someone who has been there before to show you around, and to show you the voucher system process.

If you are under 16 you will need to have your atv permit with you. My son got checked, and luckily he had it in his helmet. As far as riding on the beach you cannot do that at Silver Lake. There are alot of rules there, but they are intended to keep the dunes safe(ish), and to try to keep the environment relatively clean(ish).

It is a great place to go, but it is best to go go with someone who has been there before to show you around, and to show you the voucher system process.

voucher system? care to elaborate further or is it too complicated?

u go and have to sit on the side or a road in ur vehicle and then ppl will start moving and u go to a big parkin lot and get it...lol best i can explain

get what? What exactly are the vouchers for? sounds too complicated for me i was thinkin of goin but id rather ride the small dunes around here than mess with that i think

well voucher is a thing that u need to get into the parking lot but only on weekends....its so they dont fill the parking lot and have ppl complaining that theres not space left