silly question

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
i feel like this is a dumb question but i bought a bunch of jets for my 28mm carb (that im not longer using) and just bought my 200x...

i dont think it would fit but can i use that carb on my 4 stroke 200x? if not can i use those jets or are they only perticular to 2 stroke carbs?

kind of a carb newb sorry lol

If its the same brand of carb. the jets are interchangable, you could probably get use the carb, but it will definitly take some jetting changes and the 4 stroke would more than likely be overcarbed.

dont the mixture screws work opposite in 4 and 2 stroke carbs? turn in to richen on one and out to richen on the other, i think? not sure which one needs what

dont the mixture screws work opposite in 4 and 2 stroke carbs? turn in to richen on one and out to richen on the other, i think? not sure which one needs what

depends on how the carb manufacturer set up the low speed circuit (air bleed or fuel bleed). And like phragle said, if the carb manu is the same the jets should work (unless its a different jet type in each carb model, mikuni does this between some models, eg. round jets)

the numbering systems are different for mikuni and keihin carbs.. The threads are the same i think, so you could potentially put the mikuni jets in the keihin carb provided they are not too long for the bowl to close properly..

Worth a try though! does the mikuni 28 fit in the intake boot of the 200x?
i think connecting them could be a bigger issue than tuning them. x

i dont have a mikuni anymore. the carb i have for the blaster is the keihin knockoff (oko 28mm +2mm bigger than stock) the stock carb on the 200x is a keihin according to the manual i havent taken a close look at it.. im more curious than anything else but if it were bigger and would benefit me id def give it a shot