Should I get?!?!?

Blasterman96

Mar 18, 2012
Missouri
I found this and they said they would take my blaster and $350 , they said its an 04 yz250 motor in a 400ex and its got works fronts, houser swinger, different front rims, comes with extra frame so I can go back to 400ex motor if I want , the kicker is they said it needs rings and I asked for a pic of the inside of the cylinder to see if thts really all it needs , but they say they won't take it back apart and said they had taken to a four wheeler mechanic and the mechanic said all it needs is rings, what should I do , say yes and get it or say no? How much would it cost Iftar plating was gone inside of it ? How much for a rebuild? 2003 400ex
Let me know what u think?

I like my lasted but this 4wheeler is cheap and I'm kinda lookn for sumthn bigger but I can't get over the thought of spending more money on another 4wheeler than the cheapness and abundance of parts for a blaster

Nobody takes something apart or pays to and not fix it but puts it back together. Therfore I call
B S
on them.
IIRC, plating is $150-200 plus you still need piston and gaskets, so say an easy $350 min.
Easy test : ask if they'll trade straight up. :eek:

I like my lasted but this 4wheeler is cheap and I'm kinda lookn for sumthn bigger but I can't get over the thought of spending more money on another 4wheeler than the cheapness and abundance of parts for a blaster

I understand what your saying but you could do a better deal then that. There a lot of problems that can pop up with a Quad like that. Can't be sure of the condition of the motor and trans. You don't know if the motor was mounted correct with good welds. Is it lined up correct so your not throwing the chain all the time ? You can get in real deep with hidden problems with a hybrid.

Now they are saying that it will run if you pull start it, and I'm thinking if the rings are bad and its running that can't be good at all!

f no i'm telling ya if you trade your probably gonna be super pissed if it needs a lot of work I smell a hose on you in the works with this dude. if it was running and was a 450 frame and actually ran then I'd probably jump on it bro.
yours runs theirs dosent it shouldent really be a discussion with the dude