shipping a motor

the best way is too buy a plastic tote with the seable lids..line the bottom with a peice of wood and fill with as much packing as u can...shipping companys dont care whats inside and ive seen many cases of stuff being bent or broken from the mail people..seems ups and fedex are the worst for that

Id add on that by saying drill 6 holes in the lid/tote and ziptie the lid on. Provide 6 zipties to whomever youre shipping it to to retie in the event they are sending it back.

When I shipped my jug, I wrapped it in tshirts, taped them on, then the shipping place added bubble wrap, and then it has peanuts on top. Prolly a mess to get out, but I know that thing was safe.

I have however shipped a car engine using the method described with the tote. Cept I used the blue shop towels as padding, so the guy who bought the engine paid for all the towels, and the tote, and he has shop towels for days!

ken has been using small coolers to ship his motors, the insulated double walls of the cooler is added protection from abuse, then pack it tight inside to prevent movement

coolers are a great idea. i have used them in the past. i hate to use a NEW cooler for this so i have upgraded mine and my friends cooler to get used ones. there is no sense in using a new cooler for this. so buy a new one for your self or your buddy and use the old one to ship your motor

forgot to add that i used a milk crate to ship my motors to ken, they fit into it nice and tight then i found a box that all fit into and taped her up good, then UPS'd it
like $47 w/$500 insurance from PA to CT.