Selling my Blaster

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
Selling my '01 Blaster with extras. Asking $1200...I don't care if you think this is too much (so don't waste your time telling me so), this bike runs, is solid and has a NYS registration.

On the machine: 28mm Mikuni Carb, New Tires (100 miles), New FMF TurbinCore2 Exhaust, new front bearings, New Front and Rear 420 Sprockets and chain, Hydraulic Rear Breaks, New Air Filter, New hand grips, New Clutch Plates, Heel Guards, Front Head Light, new shifter lever, and New Front Brake Cables.

Extras: Swing Arm with good carrier bearings, axle, and hubs (will need bushings for Swing Arm and hubs are stripped out but axle is in good shape), Upper and Lower Front A-Arms, Old front and rear sprockets and chain, Handful of Pilots and Main jets for Mikuni Carb, Clutch/Fly Wheel Tool, New unused Clutch Plates

The machine runs good and strong. Not sure if any other mods were done to the engine, I have only owned it for a year. I have no need for this machine and I'm too big for it. Anyone interested, respond and then I'll PM you my number. I'm not looking to part it out, I need to sell it before spring so I have one less thing to move.

Here is a picture of it from Thanksgiving 2012...
Blaster_for_sale.jpg

Also, going up on Craigslist and we all know how fast stuff moves on there. If you're interested, post ASAP.

i couldnt even get 1200 for paps decked out blaster i hate to say it but blasters are obsolete and every person out there says a blaster is too small i love my blaster but me and pap are really thinking of getting rido of it for a yfz while there is still atleast some market out there for them

i couldnt even get 1200 for paps decked out blaster i hate to say it but blasters are obsolete and every person out there says a blaster is too small i love my blaster but me and pap are really thinking of getting rido of it for a yfz while there is still atleast some market out there for them

Your paps quad was a bargain, I even checked out the driving time from me to you. As long a parts are still readily available, a bike isn't obsolete but the Blaster isn't a very desirable quad. A Blaster is very underrated and no cool factor and with the price of 450's being so low (I've seen some under $2K), Blaster's are becoming a hard sell. The shame is that people think these new racing 4 strokes are more reliable than the simple air cooled Blaster engine.

Being 6' and 235lbs, I think me saying it is too small has validity. There is still a market for these little machines, there's no doubt about that. The only kicker is, I don't have to sell this, I just really would like too....I'm sick and tired of my mooch buddies wanting to ride it while I pay for fuel and haul it...plus I'm selling my house and moving in the spring, so the less I have to haul, the more room I have for other stuff.

Many of the cheap 450s that I have seen are up for sale after a rebuild, some of them selling for less than the cost of that rebuild.
Stock, a 450 runs pretty darned awesome, but heaven help you if you have an engine problem or long hours. $$$.

Yup, Blasters don't have a bling factor, sorry to say.
I have to put up with my buddies calling mine "a kid's toy" as the best put down they can come up with after eating my dust all day.

Blasters are the best darned bargain in a trail sport quad out there.
50 lbs lighter than anything else and easily able to make 35-40hp for an hour's work and less than $300.
What is the hp on the 400 lbs 660 Raptor I had?
Oh yeah, 35hp...

Hope you get your price for it man.

Steve

who's blaster doesn't have the bling factor??? lol

1200 is about the going rate for a running blaster with a few mods down here. It all depends on the area you are in. speedy's blaster would have sold for around 2g's here in fl. good luck on the sale man

Well Good luck on the sale bro! Only way i'd part with mine is if i could ride AKA- no arms or legs! Can say how many wow's i get in thr trails with peeps saying "that's a blaster?" It will sell if your patient!

Well Good luck on the sale bro! Only way i'd part with mine is if i could ride AKA- no arms or legs! Can say how many wow's i get in thr trails with peeps saying "that's a blaster?" It will sell if your patient!

Thanks, patience is a virtue. I would keep it, but I like deep mud and my 500 Outty works just fine for that...not to mention it is a lot more comfy to ride for sure. Since I dumped my girl a couple months back, I can't see a reason why I would want to keep it. I will say though, every ride I've been on and see a Blaster, I stop and take notice. I'd rather see a Blaster than a Raptor with an annoyingly loud exhaust like everyone seems to be slapping on them. X( Oh well.

Still have thus machine sitting in the stable. Anyone interested or knows someone looking, shoot me a PM, price could negotiable. Even starting to think about dismantling it and partsing it out...my labor costs are astronomical tho. :)

I'm 6' 225lbs. My blaster is plenty big enough for me. A blaster can be built for any size rider and any riding style. Widen and stretch it out, throw on some good nerfs and shocks and you would be amazed. A front race fender makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
I'm 6' 225lbs. My blaster is plenty big enough for me. A blaster can be built for any size rider and any riding style. Widen and stretch it out, throw on some good nerfs and shocks and you would be amazed. A front race fender makes all the difference in the world.

I'm happy for you that your blaster is enough for you, I just prefer a little more machine under my ass when I'm riding. My Outlander 500 is way more comfortable, faster and can go more places. I:I You interested in another?

ChrisZx7....you've got first dibs as of 3:21pm. Let me know ASAP.

Been a while, but bumping this for interest. Price reduced to $1000, need it out of my barn. If it doesn't sell by new year, let me know what parts you might want and I'll start dismantling it until the frame is bare.

Last edited:
Have a feeling it's gonna be parted out...everyone wants something for nothing. Brand new tires on the machine were $480 and the exhaust was $175...oh well.

It's a tough time to sell as well ... A lot of people are selling their atv's and buying snow mobiles for the winter. You may have to take a bit of a loss if you really want to sell it, I don't know how much you have into it but it sounds like you over paid for tires.

yep the time to sell quads is feb. to july is where they seam to sell best. Because thats when ppl ride most and if they dont have a quad there gonna have to pay a lot for one so if you keep that low price id bet you might sell it in that time frame.