Sand tire pressure

Wheels

Dec 6, 2012
Washington
I just picked up a set of like new sand tires and wheels on Craigslist for $150. They are 20x11x10 Kenda Trakker rears and 21x7x10 GBC Shark Fin fronts on Douglas blue label wheels. My question is what pressure I should run in them? I'm heading to the Moses Lake dunes in the morning.

Thanks for the input guys. I ran 3 psi the first day because the sand was a little choppy and had a lot of moisture in it, today the sand was a lot drier and softer so I bumped them up to 5 psi. The tires worked well and we had a great time, it was my first trip to Moses Lake and the riding was honestly a lot better than I expected.
713hnk.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I ran 3 psi the first day because the sand was a little choppy and had a lot of moisture in it, today the sand was a lot drier and softer so I bumped them up to 5 psi. The tires worked well and we had a great time, it was my first trip to Moses Lake and the riding was honestly a lot better than I expected.
713hnk.jpg

look really fun. was it just you and your gal and the blaster?

There were five of us on 450 mx bikes and my gf on the blaster, I stole it a few times too. We took some Go Pro footage of us going pretty big off of a few hits, I'll post the vids once my friend gets it edited.

There were five of us on 450 mx bikes and my gf on the blaster, I stole it a few times too. We took some Go Pro footage of us going pretty big off of a few hits, I'll post the vids once my friend gets it edited.

sweet, sounds fun, how far of a drive is it for you? its about 4 1/2 for us but i havent gone in soooooo long

You should be able to make it in less than 3 hours from Covington if you don't make too many stops. I did it in less than 4 but I was pushing the speed limit a little bit.

It's a little dusty and there are a few sections that have black sand, it is a little sketch because it throws off your depth perception. I hit a big whoop section going 60+ before I realized I wasn't on smooth ground. There are also some rocky sections when you get down near the lake so you gotta be careful with your paddles. I definitely think you should check it out and I will probably be returning there at some point, it is 80% as good as the Oregon dunes but only about half the drive. Camping is free too, we just our 4 wheel drive trucks way out in to the dunes and set up some tents.

It's a little dusty and there are a few sections that have black sand, it is a little sketch because it throws off your depth perception. I hit a big whoop section going 60+ before I realized I wasn't on smooth ground. There are also some rocky sections when you get down near the lake so you gotta be careful with your paddles. I definitely think you should check it out and I will probably be returning there at some point, it is 80% as good as the Oregon dunes but only about half the drive. Camping is free too, we just our 4 wheel drive trucks way out in to the dunes and set up some tents.

yeah sounds super fun. i just need to talk my dad into letting me drive there by myself or talk him into taking a family trip there. i heard there are thiefs there?