Hub Noob! Tire/wheel purchase advise (ITP Mud lite SP, Maxxis iRazr)

YFS200clan

Dec 7, 2008

.....What can the blaster with the wheel spacers get, and what about stock config.????

**Want tough rims for a beating!**
(C-series, pro, pro GP.... need help with matching up the hub design with iRazr and ITP Mud Lite Sp series, please!!!

We're going to need some nice tires & wheels for backwoods trail riding.
(Hard dirt, soft soil dirt, mud, sand, tree roots, stumps....)

-Our stock fronts are clogged with greasy mud sometimes.
- rears are fun, but want more forward launch.

WE narrowed the selection and would like iRazr fr/rr combo or ITP mud lite SP in a 20-11-9 rear.
I hear the front iRazr or ITP MUD Lite Sp would be near 22-7-10 and fit various itp wheels/rims.

SAID "F it" and got two used almost stock blasters a week ago
. 2003 BLUE and 2004 WHITE
One has 2 (pictured) 1" aluminum front wheel spacers and 2" plastic (pictured) wheel spacers from misc. manufacturer, the other almost stock blaster has the oil block-off kit.

Kinda noobish,.....Back in 1995-97, I picked off a friends 89' blaster that he used for hunting/travel.
....feels nice too own one again.

I would go with mud lites if all your doing is woods/trail riding. That white blaster is awesome by the way.

You want to remove your oil injection and premix your gas because the oil pumps are faulty and your engine fries when they go out.

If money isn't an issue, in terms of wheels, get the thick aluminum ones. If money doesn't grow on trees for you, I'd keep the stock steel wheels up front...when you hit crap with the wheels, and you will, the steel bends, and you can hammer it back. Aluminum isn't so good for hammering back into shape.

In the rear, if you get tires that are an inch or two wider than the wheels, then the wheels stay pretty well protected even if you slide sideways into rocks and such...the tire saves the wheels.

I just bought some Mud Lites, but haven't picked them up yet (from a friend who wants to get rid of them, he never even used them!). I'll let everyone know how I like them once I get on.

I love the mud lites. Get some warrior front rims. They have a solid lip on them and dont bend like the stock blaster fronts. I have Douglas .125 red labels on rear on one set and they hold up great agains rocks and trees.

Just ordered blaster rear end stuff for the white 2004 Blaster!

Rocky Mountain website had free shipping and big coupons, so I ordered.......

-REAR 20-11-9 Maxxis iRAZR tires on black ITP GP Pro Series rims.

-D.I.D ATV X-ring with Rethal steel 13Front, 42Rear.
(RK GB520EXW chain was 2nd choice)

-NGK plugs #BR8EG G-rated plug ("G"???).
NGK had an Iridium $6.99 or a lower $1.99 NGK resistor plug too.

-Maxima chain wax and some Klotz for the gas mix.

....now I have to just wait for the rear hub comes.

Not much room, but making the best of it!

The blue 2003 got the Armadillo treatment.

Last edited:
I just got my Mud Lites on this weekend!! I will start my own thread once I get some pics up, but for now, IMO, these tires ROCK!! They steer out of icy ruts, and they hook up much better than hole shots or stockers in the icy snow. I'm loving em!!