s10 knocking

blaster20001

Jul 10, 2008
jackson mi
I:Ijust figured id ask cause no 1 else could tell me anything well i have a 1996 chevy s10 with a 2.2 that has a knock to the motor but the head has been replaced and the lower bearings cause everything else met spec. do u guys have any suggestions or anything any help will be appreciated

well the 1st problem is thats its a 96. Nothing bad for the bodys but the motors in 96 where built bad. The 2.2 motor I would never own one ever.

when they first started with the 2.2 it wasnt that great of design. is there anyway you can give me a better description of it?? are you sure its not more of a ticking? and who replaced the bearings?

i had the same problem with a 94 corolla, it was a terrible knocking and after a few days it put a rod through the block, f*cker still ran though. i say blow it up and put a v8 in that f*cker. I:I

i had a 97 S-10 Mark 3 edition with a 2.2, and it ran great! the only problem i ever had was somthing to do with it idleing up and down, but other than that it was a great truck, even ran pretty hard and never had a problem! but hopefully its nothing to major but usually when its a knock its not good! Anyone ever seen anything of GM's that were the Mark 3 edition? i think they made a few vans that way too!

ya i think im gonna tear it apart and see whats up cause the trucks only got 58000 original miles and its clean so i think it will be worth it

loose mounting bolts will make it knock been there done that twice. just for sh*ts and giggles pop off the serpentine belt and make sure its not one of your pumps. (AC, Water pump, power steering etc.) lot cheaper and eaiser thatn motors comin out.

it could be piston slap too what you do is crawl under the truck and if its louder underneath it then you have a piston slap issue.
if that motor goes just put a 2.5 in it much better engine more durable haha.