Rodeo Blaster Power

I have swapped out the reeds and re-placed the 280main w/270main and checked compression it has 150psi. I had a chance to go and check out the 05 the guy had for $150 and found that it has the old style brakes but it has the factory color dark red frame like the '05 and it has perfect white plastic,seat thats perfect,and aluminum wheels so when I get it I'm still gonna need to find a diff. brake set-up guess he did'nt know exactly what he had.It has new bars and an aftermarket clutch lever of some sort so it should still be worth $150 shouldn't it?

I'm new to the blaster and i'm needing to get it running alot better than it is.I'm needing to build this quad to compete w/several well built 300ex's that are in the same class.What are some good packages that make good power?Thanks for your help and Happy Turkey Day BF!!

Is it not running well, or are you just trying to get more power out of it?

For more power, a good exhaust system, a good port job and head mod is the best bang for your buck.

Did you end up buying that 05 Blaster for $150? That seemed like a good deal to me!

Fred

The one I have runs good just needing more power only thing it has is reeds and a slip-on so its really stock.Its alot slower than his built LT80!!! Just wondering it would be better to get this one ported or just try and find a sonic cylinder or something like that?Can the blaster compete w/a well built honda 300ex? Yea I got the other one for $150 but it had old brake system on it that someone already got hydros off of it.The plastics are white and perfect,good seat,axle but no carrier or swinger,new bars and aftermarket clutch lever,came w/aluminum wheels so I guess I got a good deal.I just need to get more power out of this thing or he's gonna be dissapointed! Thanks for the help!!

The one I have runs good just needing more power only thing it has is reeds and a slip-on so its really stock.Its alot slower than his built LT80!!! Just wondering it would be better to get this one ported or just try and find a sonic cylinder or something like that?Can the blaster compete w/a well built honda 300ex? Yea I got the other one for $150 but it had old brake system on it that someone already got hydros off of it.The plastics are white and perfect,good seat,axle but no carrier or swinger,new bars and aftermarket clutch lever,came w/aluminum wheels so I guess I got a good deal.I just need to get more power out of this thing or he's gonna be dissapointed! Thanks for the help!!

A well built blaster will eat a built 300ex all day long. Even a stock blaster that's running the way it should will give a 300ex a run for its money.

If rules allow an aftermarket cylinder, and your budget will allow it, do it! An aftermarket pipe should be at the top of the list as well. Then I would lower it, and look into what guys do for flat track type setups. (Asuming it's the kind of ATV Rodeo stuff they do around here down-back, and barrel racing like you would do on horseback).

Yep same kind of rodeo,barrels,poles,usually a TT style course also.We can do anything we want for power and suspension.I heard the sonic cylinder is the way to go.Around here if your pockets are deep enough you go to CGR to get your motor work and I spoke w/him and he said to find a sonic cylinder.I would like to find a good used set-up if i can im kinda on a tight budget.Thanks for the help!

I can't help but think something is wrong here if the lt80 is beating it. I don't know how fast a modded lt80 is, but it should not be able to beat the blaster.

If there is no limitations on cylinder than get a ct racing 200 cc kit. If there is not limitations on cc's then get the 240 kit with a hot rods +4 crank. There are some corners to cut to stay on budget.

The best thing you can do is list you budget and what the limitations on the motor is.

To be real honest my 6yr old puts down quicker times than most in the 400cc class it is very quick for what it is lots of mouths drop at the rodeos its quite a thrill just to watch!My 9yr old is about 50lbs heavier and it shows when he's on the 80 so thats why I got this blaster.I have been reading through several post trying to gain as much knowledge on this new machine and it seems like people are happy with the power output that can be achieved.I am sure the blaster maybe a little big for him now to throw it around real good so he'll be gettin lots of seat time.There is no limitation on anything in the class as long as the quad comes from factory under 399cc.Most quads in his class is the honda 300ex the reason I went with a blaster is the 4-stroke cost more to build.A friend of mine just had Chris Grissom build his sons 300 motor and the bill was over $3,500!! Would it be better to try to find a used motor or just start buying a few parts as I can afford them?

The boy down the street had a lt 80 it wasn't " built" because it was his sons but the lt80 was not even close to being a match to the blaster. Even if it is built, the blaster shouldn't be "a lot slower then the lt80" like u said. I'm not sure what all can be done to a lt80 but I'm sure it shouldn't just destroy your blaster.

Can u post a video of ur son ridin it?

Sounds like something's off. A blaster with 150 psi should be quite healthy to.

i dont know what you did to your lt80, i have jacks stage 2 kit, and its fast, but no where near my stock blaster at all, unless you are just going by lap times and the 80 is better for the turns in the race, or your kid is just more confortable on the 80 and being timid on the blaster, i really cant see how MUCH faster the lt80 can be compared to my 80

I have one of Jacks stage2 kits but its on the shelf at the moment.We have tried a (cgr) Chris Grissom motor the last 2 rodeos of the year and its a quite a bit more powerful and revs to the moon! Its a national ported, big bore 54mm, stroker, and PVL ignition, and trinity pipe.I was happy with jacks stage2 but it don't rev or have the torque the cgr does.I'm wanting to try Jacks national this next season for my 6yr old! If anyone wants a fast LT80 I'm selling the CGR big bore and I have a brand new CPI race pipe for it too! Or i'll trade to some blaster parts that I might need.Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know what it normally costs to have an aggressive port job done on a blaster?I think it would be best to have the power to come in low to mid-range rpms because there are several tight turns and not many long straights to rev out on.I have even thought about just replacing the 200cc powerplant with a smaller 85cc dirtbike motor so he could stay in the 110cc-down class.Which path do yall think would be the best?Anyone ever done this swap before?What is the best way to make the quad as soft riding as possible and wide so he will be confident when cornering at higher speeds? Thanks for all the help.

Well allot is going to depend on your budget just like anything. But there are ways to soften the hit on the pocket depending on certain things.

As far as 80-85 motors in a blaster frame there are a few builds on here you could look up and find some good info.

For engine porting there are a few that would most likely do the work you ask, but the more time i spend on this forum the more i see one name that sticks out well past the others and standing behind what he does. Read through the forum and give the guy a call. I have yet to see one negative thing and expect not to.

One more thing sorry. Ask your son what he wants. If he wants to make the jump or not. I'm sure he has shoot of good input on the situation.