riding with no clutch

x5 Starz Boss

Feb 23, 2009
West Monroe, LA
ok so my clutch doesnt work my lever is stripped out so i need a new one, i started my blaster rolled it down the hill to get the motor going and shifted down its the only way i could ride so will doing this mess anything up? cuz it rode great but im scared to try it again without you guys input on it.

could wear down the clutch plates a little quicker.. but I dont think it will be anything drastic.. like instead of 30 rides with the clutch maybe like 27?

try taking some lock washers and spreading them open, slide them over the clutch adjuster to pull the cable away from the lever, if you understood that lol it should get it working

When you buy another clutch lever it doesn't have to be blaster specific. Any left hand clutch or brake lever will work. I believe the only thing is they need to be 7/8" bars which 99% of atv stuff is.

Is it the lever that is bad or just a stretched cable. Like everyone says, levers are cheap. You can speed shift like you are doing but that must suck trying to stop

on the lake and river i only used the clutch for tken off.. and when istop. match your rpms like in a 5 peed car or truck and you will be fine, just font bang gears like they owe you back child support!!!

or go to the peddel bike store and graba lever!~!!!! there cheap and will work... im pretty sure the 'shorty' clutch lever on the wifes blaster is for apedal bike, but ima put it on mine anyways :)

ok so my clutch doesnt work my lever is stripped out so i need a new one, i started my blaster rolled it down the hill to get the motor going and shifted down its the only way i could ride so will doing this mess anything up? cuz it rode great but im scared to try it again without you guys input on it.

hey man, i have a stock lever and perch just give me a couple bucks shipping and its urs

It wont hurt to do it that way, but it must suck starting and stopping. Quads have constant mesh transmissions and straight cut gears so they really are kind of hard to hurt. just lift off the gas a lil' bit before you shift and you should be fine. the clutch is really just for starting stopping and building rpms in a hurry. The transmission is designed to be used without the clutch without any damage. That being said its a lot more fun when you have a clutch to play with.

shifting under power and not using the clutch could wear the shift forks sooner ,most of the issues youd likely have would be clutch related problems though ,like glazing and heat distorting the steels for mnot being able to release the pressure under load

I rode my bought my blaster w/ a broke clutch cable and rode it about 10 times now that i fixed the clutch it works good still.