Reed Spacer??

They can help you shift the power band around. They wont add power but depending on where you place it (before or after the reeds) You can shift the power band to hit sooner or later. They are also needed sometimes when changing carbs for certain clearance issues.

They can help you shift the power band around. They wont add power but depending on where you place it (before or after the reeds) You can shift the power band to hit sooner or later. They are also needed sometimes when changing carbs for certain clearance issues.
Thanks! I see them every time im on ebay and was wondering what they do.

They are also used for moving the carb back.

With a larger carb, it will rub the case and/or the clutch lever. needs to move away

They effectively change your crankcase volume, so if you add a spacer you allow your crankcase to accept more A/F mixture. This doesnt change your engine capacity as your compressed volume above the piston stays the same. I dont see too much merit in it, but it will change your powerband position, most likely move it up the rev range.

Thanks guys. I think my powerband is good where it is lol. I cant even ride right now because I had something go into the airbox while I was cleaning the airfilter. Put a hole in my reeds:mad::mad::mad: good thing I bought new reeds last week!!! Im going to call pro-am and get some stoppers and put in stock ones.