Hey I was wondering can I putt my spacer on before my reed cage because my reeds keeps popping out of the cage in my motor

Drakaar

Feb 25, 2024
Hey I was wondering can I putt my spacer on before my reed cage because my reeds keeps popping out of the cage in my motor

Spacers go between the cage and cylinder to increase case capacity for a claimed bump in torque. I'm not really sure how that claim is substantiated, usually more case capacity will actually decrease your intake and transfer velocity without an increase in displacement, which actually should move your peak power up a bit in the RPM range... Without getting into the finer points of port timing, area, and direction, usually when more torque is desired you want to increase intake and transfer velocity along with a torque focused port setup. Which is the opposite of what a spacer does. I have tried a spacer on one of my 250R, didn't notice an appreciable difference. But sometimes they can be helpful just in getting a different carb to fit up with the intake boot and air box pipe if the carb is shorter from front to back than the original.

Reeds shouldn't pop out on their own. What kind of reeds are you running?