ready to push it off a cliff

D

dave147025

okay so i just rebuilt the top end... had it honed and i threw a new piston and rings in...it ran good for about 20min then now it wont kick over until like 20kicks it has good compression, piston is in right, clean air filter, cleaned the carb a bunch of times, gas is mixed correctly, gettin spark, keys on kill switch is on, i have an after market trenga 30mm carb... i was leaning towards that tors system the previous owner removed it i dunnno wat he did but it worked good for a while... i took the motor and stuff out to rebuild it so i was thinking maybe a knocked something loose or something any ideas?

well idk what to tell ya if it will start ofter like 20 kicks, there must not be anything wrong but there is aparently sumthing wrong, did u seat the piston or did u just put it in and just rip on it? it might be the jets spark plug, idk

both new and yeah i broke it in nice...it doesnt really start it will just start for like 5 seconds not even enough to hit the gas but it was idling perfect yesterday it would just break up and bog down when u hit the gas today it started i hit the gas and it was backfiring then died now it wont really start again...i was thinking maybe the reeds i took them out there is a sligght gap but i dont know how serious that would be

lmao jp i doubt the pistons backwards but an ever so slightly open read can be the culpret so go ahead and replace the reads and then clean ur carb.. check for black stuff on the slider of the carv you probably had exhaust going back up into the carb getting the feul air mixture off so thats y it would stop running maybe

also i have a 155main jet in my carb it worked for me when it was running but my buddy with a 400ex swears its too big