Raptor 700 Heel Guards

blowncash

Jun 27, 2011
Here are some pictures of my version of mounting the raptor heel guards. I used the factory frame mount pieces . I cut them off and twisted them so they would line up with the heel guard mounting frame and welded in a piece of 5/16 rod. Its very strong and looks almost factory.If you do this ,twist these things slowly (I didnt heat them and that will help)cuz they will break,mine were close to breaking and I welded them back up so no future problems.
29uyuyd.jpg
4vr6ma.jpg
x1xh1y.jpg
x1xh1y.jpg
2isjhww.jpg
2s76tsl.jpg
wl1uo0.jpg

Heres what I did to mount the fenders to the raptor heel guards. It kinda tweeks the rear fenders up a little but its hardly noticable! I made a template outta card board and cut a piece out of a 5 gal black pail to fill in the right side.
2yyqobc.jpg
wtsn4j.jpg

Reactions: Awk08
thats also a good idea, as the ones on my sons are just cut off straight stock black plastics
i like that 5 gal. bucket idea, and attaching them is a nice touch

have some reps for inginuity !!!!!!

Looks good, dude....nice job!

Those look exactly like YFZ heel guards....maybe the mouting hardware is a little different, but the black plastic part looks the same to me.

Here are some pictures of my version of mounting the raptor heel guards. I used the factory frame mount pieces . I cut them off and twisted them so they would line up with the heel guard mounting frame and welded in a piece of 5/16 rod. Its very strong and looks almost factory.If you do this ,twist these things slowly (I didnt heat them and that will help)cuz they will break,mine were close to breaking and I welded them back up so no future problems.
29uyuyd.jpg
4vr6ma.jpg
x1xh1y.jpg
x1xh1y.jpg
2isjhww.jpg
2s76tsl.jpg
wl1uo0.jpg

Thanks for pics it will help me when installing mine. Just got them today.I:I

There are pics at the begining of this thread. Ill post some side shots of the whole bike