random question

TheD0k69

Jan 29, 2013
Kalamazoo Michigan
i have an 87 suzuki rm 80 and it seems like there is an air bubble that gets in the fuel line for some reason. any ideas how it gets there? it seems like gas will not flow through it with the bubble in there

Is it sealed off at both ends? Small crack in the line maybe. Pour a bit of gas down the cylinder and start it up, see if it pulls the gas through.

No way!

Never pour gas into a plug hole it washes away lubrication.

Fuel will pass that bubble ok.

Bubbles are caused by air raising up through the needle and seat and as both ends of the line will be open if the petcock is on and the needle is open, fuel will flow even if the bubble remains in the fuel line.

No way!

Never pour gas into a plug hole it washes away lubrication.

Fuel will pass that bubble ok.

Bubbles are caused by air raising up through the needle and seat and as both ends of the line will be open if the petcock is on and the needle is open, fuel will flow even if the bubble remains in the fuel line.

ok sweet thanks! i was just worried about it for a second cause i saw it when i was idling today after running it.

be sure the vent hose on the fuel cap is free and clear to open air.
some stock fuel caps (blaster) have a one way valve built in to prevent fuel spilling if flipped. they can get stuck and cause a vapor lock within the tank.
try leaving the fuel cap loose or off to see if the bubble dissapates.

be sure the vent hose on the fuel cap is free and clear to open air.
some stock fuel caps (blaster) have a one way valve built in to prevent fuel spilling if flipped. they can get stuck and cause a vapor lock within the tank.
try leaving the fuel cap loose or off to see if the bubble dissapates.

next time i take it out ill try that man! thanks for all the help guys I:I