quieter silencer??

novaXJ

May 31, 2010
Manassas, Va
im looking for a new silencer, i have an fmf powercore but its too loud for where i ride at, i want something a little quieter but still has good power, i was thinking about just buying a stock one off ebay, but is there anything out there thats a little better?

Pro circuit claims that they silencers are quieter, which makes sense i guess cause their stingers are a bit longer, where do you ride that an fmf blaster is too loud?

at my friends house, his dad is cool with it but his wife is a baby about it, so gotta quiet it down to keep it there unfortunately :(

how about you shorten the silencer, and take the end cap and packing out and go to ur friends house and rev that sucker up till she likes it, lolololol, but maybe a dg exhaust will work, idk man, balasters are just loud, haha

let the winch sit on it while you rev it. then everytime she here's you ridin she will go have some personal time and forget all about the loud ass blasty

hahaha i love these responses, and thanks for the info on the mufflers, i almost sold my blaster about a month ago than i rode it for a whole weekend and i fell in love with it, so im doing a lot of work on it the next couple days to make it like brand new

get an fmf turbinecore there way quieter than a powercore for what its worth my factory 7 pipe is quite a bit quieter than my fmf was with a powercore

i dont have the stock one, and i looked at the turbinecore 2, its supposedly alot quieter, and for the loud guy lol, i have the powercore 2 and its really loud, i love it, i hate to have that i have to get something quieter :(

My powercore2 really isn't obnoxiously loud, piped 400's drowned me out.... hell even my stock mojave was louder (and not in a good way). Also when it does start getting loud its time to change your packing, you get performance back and the sound is smoother.

Now my shorty powercore is pretty raspy even with packing... But thats another story :D