Question for jug porters

'00 WO-YA!

Dec 5, 2011
In the Shenandoah Valley
Ok, I have a jug I've been playing with a bit, it's basically sacrificial but useable with a clean bore/piston. I've cleaned up & knife edged the intake side & opened & raised the exhaust. This setup has worked well for me in the past. Anyway, I wanted to experiment with adding Boyeson ports to the intake, I've got them through and into the transfer port but I've also added a small port straight through beside the main intake ports. It's small but again, experimental. Anyone suppose It'll hurt anything?

lol while u have it off little purple go ahead in an rip in to her lol!.......here u go guys here's one idk how to post pics on here so I have to use this picture as my sig.

are they boyeson ports going thru the sleeve??? they are supposed stop before the sleeve and dip down into the transfer ports..never seen that done before

The jugs go off and on these machines so easy, best to just try it and tell us how it worked.
If it doesn't work at least on the intake side it can be plugged with epoxy.

These engines are kind of odd in that they still have the piston partially blocking off the intake.
My KTM motors (40-60 hp) have the reed on the block, aimed directly into the crankcase.
This is getting close to what you are trying to achieve here.

167296_10150134019750803_549110802_8377838_6447139_n.jpg

Case reeds are actually newer 2 stroke technology.
When you get to the big singles ie. 600-750cc's they all are case reeded.
It seems to be all the rage in weed wacker motors too lately.

Whe you add the boyesen ports you are getting closer to the advantage of a case reed motor.