Which carb for blaster

Tberg2984

Mar 12, 2018
Hello I recently acquired a blaster in a trade and have enjoyed rebuilding the engine and pretty much entire quad. Current set up koyo bearings, wiseco crank, wiseco stock bore top end. Transfer ports cleaned up and knife edge and exhaust port raised 1mm, cleaned and polished all following KOR's video. Head skimmed and reshaped into hemi head following joeaks videos and posts. Lightened flywheel, boyesen rAd valve, Toomey b1 and air box drilled wi th uni filter. Makes 150 psi compression on the guage and runs pretty good but recently realized it has a banshee carb on it which is in really rough shape, whole quad was when I got it. Looking at either keihin pwk28 or pwk33 but from what I see in here 33 may be too large. This site has taught me so much and got me to this point so any input on which carb would be greatly appreciated. Was looking at okos but the posts on here pretty much made me stick with keihin.

Banshee carb is basically same as Blaster.
You look to have enough supporting mods to justify a larger carb.
Now it comes down to how and where you ride. It's easy to over carburate an engine.
If you get a 33 you may have to remove the lid.
The 28 will give slightly better response on low end.

I do some trail riding, we have a couple different quarries we ride and I have a small woods track at my house. I know the 28 is probably the safe bet, if the 33 would work out would I see that much overall power gain?

Thanx for the response, any idea on a jetting baseline for the pwk33. Any one have similar mods and run a pwk33?