Quad for kids

nightsterman

Sep 20, 2010
Fairborn OH
So my oldest boy is 8 and then i have a 3 and 2 yo girls and hopefully in the next year another boy. So ive been lookin at little quads i just cant decide if i should start them on an 80 or 50..??

WHAT DID YA'LL START YOUR KIDS ON. OR WHAT DID YOU START ON AT THAT AGE?

Last edited:
what is the size or your boy? maybe look at a 250ex, that would be the only 250 size i would look into.
for the girl maybe a little predator 50 or lt80.

Don't buy an off shore quad to start with, and I started ATVing at 6 yo on a Suzuki LT80. Was a great size and plenty of power for my age. Went wherever my dads old king quad went.

questions you need to ask yourself
1) you want CVT, auto clutch or full manual tranny?
2) you want reserve?
3) how much you want to spend?
4) new or used?
5) type of riding?

i started on a lt80 when i was 4, seems like a good little kid quad. you can always turn in the throttle screw so they cant go as fast. when i was 8 i got a kx65 and it used to scare the sh*t outta me. crazy powerband lol.

i will go with a cvt so i can teach them to ride first once they are comfortable ill upgrade them to something bigger and manual. one thing at a time.

new or used doesnt matter its gonna have to last it got a lot of tykes to go through. all i do do it trail ride and screw off but if anyof them really get in it they may want mx.

IMO the polaris predator 90 is the best choice for you, there affordable, have reverese, and the automatic

the dvx's and all those decked out 90s are expensive as crap

1) there not dvx there DRR/DRX 2) Predators don't have reverse 3) DRR are $100 more and what you get for that $100 is well worth it

Last edited:
90 for the 8 yr old 40 50 for the smaller dudes or wait till ur kids 10 11 and get him a blaster i got a blaster when i was 11

kgibson, the polaris predator 90s definatly do have reverse, my cousin has one and i ride it all the time for sh*ts and gigs, and for the original poster, the polaris's are actually pretty quick for what they are, i guess its cause there 2 stroke