Protecting my investment with Whitey.

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
My Blue Blaster's frame is bent, alittle bit more than I feel comfortable with. I made the decison to Swap everything over to my White Roller "Whitey".

I'm going to get cracking on this today. I'm thinking it might be a week or so before its done, Mostly since i have to set up my a-arms yet again. I went the banshee spindle with ball joint route this time. So hopefully I will be able to steer my quad easily again.

Here is a picture of the White roller I have.
1.jpg

The frame and plastics are the only thing staying. everything else from my Blue quad is getting put on.
More pictures and updates later on!

What about the custom seat I see there. Keeping that also?..lol should be a fun swap.

Looks like fun ...;) Im getting ready to do my frame change in a few weeks too. Going to a red 2004 frame and my white and blue plastics I just replaced.

I got alot done tonight. Moved the Bars, and all the controls over. Swingarm bearings got greased, got the factory heel guards off, and got the front end put together.

Tomorrow the motor is getting swapped, I need to set the toe on the front wheels, and put on the pipe. Its its pretty much ready to go.

The Ball joints on the ASR's are 100% better than they Heims I had on there. I sat on it, and I effortlessly could turn the bars. I'm getting alot better at setting up A-arms, This was my third time in 6 months!!!

Here are some pics.
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg

There isn't too much left of Ol'Blue. The Frame should be in the junk pile by this weekend.

I got everthing done except put the chain on, skid plate, and tighten up the front end. I need to take it over to my neighbors garage to finish the a-arms and set the toe.

The Flaming dragon graphics left a mess of Glue on the plastics. Whats a good adhesive remover to get it off with??? I tried rubbing alcohol, Goof off, and didn't have good results.

I did a leakdown test while I had it out of the bike, It still holds 7 psi for 10 minutes.

I'm going to order a set of White handguards, and put these blue ones on my Banshee, It needed some anyways. Going to start looking for some graphics soon too, I have no Idea what I want, Anyone have any reccomendations for places that sell graphics?

Whitey should be good for the maiden voyage on Sunday. I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow night.

19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg