project: were sorry

0506121001.jpg

0506121001a.jpg

0506121001b.jpg

honda carrycase
0506121120a.jpg

0511122345.jpg

cross hatched the silencer with 1500 grit

thanks everybody. i wanted something that would stand out a little bit but not be flashy or tacky.
i cut the original airbox out of the fenders and mounted it instead of fabbing one. because the airbox and the stock intake will be gone, as soon as i find a bigger carb.

im not going to be running fenders, im goin for the dirtbike look. if i run fenders it will be fronts only. ds650 style floating low, right over the tire. using the steering knuckle on the spindle for mounting, that way they move with the tires.

ds650 style floating low, right over the tire. using the steering knuckle on the spindle for mounting, that way they move with the tires.

I had my front fender sitting on top of my wheels before I prepped to paint then and I really though that it would be cool to do somthing like that, still have it kinda flowing in the back of my mind, maybe I'll wait and see if you do it first and see how it comes out, and how about you do it,

Looking good man keep it up.

yeah i just need to weld up the brackets, im using 1/4in flat stock and 1/4 rod to make them. they will mount off the top of the steering knuckle using the 2 bolts already there. the fenders will be black in color.

threw on a sunline alum clutch lever, and scott widow grips.im also retrofitting a aluminum thumb lever into the throttle housing.

yeah i just need to weld up the brackets, im using 1/4in flat stock and 1/4 rod to make them. they will mount off the top of the steering knuckle using the 2 bolts already there. the fenders will be black in color. .

I really like that idea, should keep the muck under wraps!:D

motor is here!!!1!!!1!!!1. it looks great, no case damage. its clean, came with reeds and intake/clutch cable/sprocket/shifter/kick. should have it scooting around by tomorrow. with the 38 tooth in back hopefully ill be able to get this thing up to 70mph near the top of sixth. the graydon pipe pulls pretty hard in the top end, so that should help.

0515122058a.jpg

0515122059.jpg

0515122059a.jpg

0515122100.jpg

0515122120.jpg

heres a pic with the tubular on it. im just going to weld 2 inch tabs on top of the current shock mount as it is just C-channel, that way i can have it higher up for more clearance when riding trails.
0515122220.jpg

more pics to come

got the motor/carb back from creek cycles, i love pauls work. 100% good to go, no issues. held 7 psi for hours, over 120 psi on the comp test. im just waiting on a oil tank to start it up.
i painted the tubular swinger black and red last night.

lookin good so far !
really like the color match seat/tank/hood

got the motor/carb back from creek cycles, i love pauls work. 100% good to go, no issues. held 7 psi for hours, over 120 psi on the comp test. im just waiting on a oil tank to start it up.
i painted the tubular swinger black and red last night.

i hope ur not talking about the injection tank? u would be better off mixing ur gas and doing the block off, eliminate every doubt of it failing and u ruining ur engine.

got any better, closer pics of that graydon pipe ?
looks very similar to the one i have, with all the individual cones
and i've called it everything except a graydon
but damn do i like it !!!