project fastturd (ongoing)

doodleaddict

May 30, 2012
figured I'd slap up a build and help thread for my junk lol.
new to the site and to blasters just picked up this project. it's a 89 chassis with a 01 motor needs a hole in the case fixes and some other odds and ends. I got almost a whole blaster worth of parts though :) well pics for now
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

looks like a good start, keep us posted with your progress and pics along the way

oh this will definitely be updated frequently tomorrows plans are to strip it completely and give it a good douching hopefully I don't need to replace a bunch of other stuff... yet haha

scaled.php
haha yea I'm
noticing that I got a bunch of parts though so hopefully I can do some trading and selling for other parts.. sucks I need 300 posts to sell on her but oh well won't take long I'll have lots of questions but yea if you all are like me you love pics so here's more

anyone got any ideas how to clean this pitch off the seat? needs a good cleaning or... I can run the black one.
scaled.php

here's the motor I need a stator side case because it broke around the shifter
scaled.php

I'm trying jb weld because I figure that since it's broken no biggie if itbreaks again... in this pic you can see my shift rod is a bit bent :/
scaled.php

i am still going through all my boxes and bags and piles of random parts i got... so far ive found

swinger for the 89
06? rear axle (has hydro disc caliper am i right?)
junk carrier for that axle
2 hoods
two sets of filter cages
two sets of the "piping" if you will for the carb to airbox
whole front end off the 01 parts machine
stock rear shock
lots more stuff to go through

heres some pics
swinger and shock

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
axle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL

scaled.php

here's how it sits at the moment can't get the right side hub off the axle :/ also here's the pile of "spare" parts
scaled.php

Looks good so far, even 02 has the "hydro" style brake disc, but 88-02 have cable brakes, if your in need of good back brakes talk to awk08 he has a direct replacement system for hydros.

the sprocket hub slid right off shockingly l have been soaking the wheel hub all day though spraying it like every hour hopefully it'll come off if not idk pretty pumped to get this thing going still need to locate some nuts and bolts and such and I got an idea for a steering riser

and I'm assuming the axle is 06 because the break caliper has a banjo jolt on it for a hydro hose next time I see the kid who's blaster the axle came off I'll ask him

not tryin to be a jerk.... but.... you ever considered cleaning your camera lends. those picks look like they are in "dream" mode. lmao

haha believe it or not those pics are taken with an iPhone haha I try'd cleaning the lens but it isn't working well the whole screen is cracked to sh*t and is missing a chunk around the front camera.. may have something to do with it but it's all I got

haha looks like a bit of fog rolling in those picsI:II:I haha just messin man looks like a good start for shure hope it turns out a monster I:II:II:I

yea im hoping to throw some money into this pig haha i put it back together today took it for a quick rip never ridden a blaster before this thing is way peppy only motor mods are bored .50? so the previous owner claims and a fmf fatty gold series pipe and "custom" shorty silencer feels like it wants to lift the tires in all gears runs amazing but i still got a long ways to go before its really reliable to ride i was just anxious to try it out