problem

snyperx32

Mar 7, 2009
I need help fixing my blaster i took it riding yesterday and when it got hot it started backfiring and was losing alot of power. I forgot to put the reed cage back on it when i replaced the reeds a few days ago could that be my problem or what else could it be?

well put the reed cage back in and see! check and see how much your air/fuel screw is turned out, should not have been out more than 1 1/2 turns

i dont think it would start without the reeds what are you talking about

I have the reeds in it but i didn't put the metal plates back on it that keep the reeds from opening up too far and when it got hot yesterday it started bogging down and wouldn't idle and had absolutely no power. The person i bought it off of said that it may be the coil or cdi box but how would either one be affected when it got hot? btw i have the air/fuel screw turned out 1 1/2 turns

ok i see yea put that back on. as for your problem im not sure im this one. if i had to guess i would say runing to lean and the air is too hot. where is you location. whats the temp. outside?

ok i see yea put that back on. as for your problem im not sure im this one. if i had to guess i would say runing to lean and the air is too hot. where is you location. whats the temp. outside?

Im running 32:1 and i have stock jets but i got a fmf powercore 2 silencer and i live in VA and it not really high elevation and the heat is mild it is around 80 in the summer but if i had an air leak like he said then where should i be looking for it at. BTW i have been having a problem getting my head pipe to stop leaking where it mounts up i have replaced the gasket but it still leaks from time to time.

And it really all started when i hit a mud hole because i hadnt been riding for no longer than 20 minutes and when i hit the water thats when all hell broke loose and i no that all my gaskets are good because i had to replace all of them because the person that had this atv before me apparently thought that gaskets werent needed and put that liquid gasket on everything.

Im running 32:1 and i have stock jets but i got a fmf powercore 2 silencer and i live in VA and it not really high elevation and the heat is mild it is around 80 in the summer but if i had an air leak like he said then where should i be looking for it at. BTW i have been having a problem getting my head pipe to stop leaking where it mounts up i have replaced the gasket but it still leaks from time to time.

And it really all started when i hit a mud hole because i hadnt been riding for no longer than 20 minutes and when i hit the water thats when all hell broke loose and i no that all my gaskets are good because i had to replace all of them because the person that had this atv before me apparently thought that gaskets werent needed and put that liquid gasket on everything.

any ideas .

hmm well fix the reeds and backfiring at higher throttle usually means yor pilot jet is too big

lets talk crank case. are the vent hoses capped off or are they running ventalation back into intake? what shape are they in?

a friend of mine said that i needed a new magneto because he checked to see if i was getting good spark it i wasnt so he tried another coil and i did the same thing it got very little to no spark