Prob after rebuild?

Regmak

Dec 21, 2009
Unholy OLY!!
I just rebuilt my blaster, and it seemed to run fine the first time i rode it after the build. but the second time i took it out something different happened. When the bike would get warmit would be choppy, like when I open up the throttle at all (even a little) it starts getting choppy and cutting out on me. if i stop and let it rest for bout 20 mins then it runs fine but as soon as it warms up it gets choppy again and acts like its choking out and choppy accelleration again. any suggestions? Thanks for all your help.:-/

I just rebuilt my blaster, and it seemed to run fine the first time i rode it after the build. but the second time i took it out something different happened. When the bike would get warm it would be choppy, like when I open up the throttle at all (even a little) it starts getting choppy and cutting out on me. if i stop and let it rest for bout 20 mins then it runs fine but as soon as it warms up it gets choppy again and acts like its choking out and choppy acceleration again. any suggestions? Thanks for all your help.:-/

Did you just rebuild the top end?Let me know?

could be the jetting also.. mess with it a bit. motors run diff cold and hot.(sure u know that already)

I started wondering about the jetting because I am riding at about 2500+elevetion but then it was doing it still when i came off the mtn. but the first time i took it out I went to the same place and didnt have that prob.

Did you just rebuild the top end?Let me know?

No, I rebuilt it all the way through the case. It ran perfect the first day and most of the second day but then stared acting up when warm. But now that i think of it, when i would slow and put the trails a bit and heavily flood the throttle a few times causing it to bog it would almost start to act fine again til i got onit again for a lil bit and it warmed up. then it gets sputtery and coughs,

Sounds like it could be a spark issue, check and make sure all your wires are connected good, especially the power and ground wire at the ignition coil. Mine did the same thing to me before and it ended up just being a loose ground wire at the ignition coil.

Sounds like it could be a spark issue, check and make sure all your wires are connected good, especially the power and ground wire at the ignition coil. Mine did the same thing to me before and it ended up just being a loose ground wire at the ignition coil.

So it was only acting up when it was warm though? I mean the coil. And when the ground wire was tightened it worked fine? Cause what your saying makes perfect sense in the way its being choppy... but would thatbe an issue when its warm only? cause it works great for the 1st several minutes.:-/

Sounds like you might be running lean try bumping up the main jet. Also could be a air leak near the top end gaskets. Are all the head bolts torgue to right specs. Also after getting a new gasket put on you usually have to re torque the head after riding it for awhile.

Sounds like you might be running lean try bumping up the main jet. Also could be a air leak near the top end gaskets. Are all the head bolts torgue to right specs. Also after getting a new gasket put on you usually have to re torque the head after riding it for awhile.

I was thinking the same thing. Throw a compression gauge on it. Retorque the cylinder bolts and check the plug (for lean run).

It acted up more as it got hotter...to the point where it pretty much would just die out. It could also be a jetting issue as others have suggested, while you are checking the wiring you might as well check the sparkplug and see how it looks.

It acted up more as it got hotter...to the point where it pretty much would just die out. It could also be a jetting issue as others have suggested, while you are checking the wiring you might as well check the sparkplug and see how it looks.

Good call, thanks a lot