Prime's build

Prime

Jul 11, 2011
Batavia, NY
Wasn't going to start this thread until I got my frame, but I decided to start it anyway, since I have started assembling the motor.

I am getting an '03 frame from @sbeachstang in return for a blaster related favor I did for him. I also ended up getting a broken set of cases in return. So, I gave @sicivicdude a call.

Here's what I started out with.

Here's what the repair looks like. (as it should)

When I sent the case, I also sent my jug and head to him. I had him do an aggressive trail port, along with shaving the head for a +3mm stroker crank.
I decided not to post up pics of the porting.

Last night I started assembling the bottom end. I replaced the crank bearings and seals.

Then I went ahead and lapped the cases....not all of use have a granite block to work with...LOL

And I got this far last night.

Dang, that repair looks amazing. Almost like nothing happened in the first place. Great job sicivicdude, or should I say, SCD Racing!!!

Nice build you have planned, Prime. Let me know if you need any stock parts, I might have something around. *Subscribed*

Wasn't going to start this thread until I got my frame, but I decided to start it anyway, since I have started assembling the motor.

I am getting an '03 frame from @sbeachstang in return for a blaster related favor I did for him. I also ended up getting a broken set of cases in return. So, I gave @sicivicdude a call.

Here's what I started out with.

Here's what the repair looks like. (as it should)

When I sent the case, I also sent my jug and head to him. I had him do an aggressive trail port, along with shaving the head for a +3mm stroker crank.
I decided not to post up pics of the porting.

Great looking repair! Nice start to your piece by piece build! Oh sure tease us with porting and a head job!!!! No problem I'll have my own to see!!!

Dang, that repair looks amazing. Almost like nothing happened in the first place. Great job sicivicdude, or should I say, SCD Racing!!!

Nice build you have planned, Prime. Let me know if you need any stock parts, I might have something around. *Subscribed*

Someone asked in the "case repair" thread what the finished product looked like and I had to kind of be a butthead and say "like a factory case cause anything else wouldn't work".

The fact is, if you can tell exactly what I did.... I didn't do that good a job LOL

Sorry guys, I just figured you've all seen port work done on a blaster jug, so I figured there is no reason to put up more.

Triple_B: Don't worry, I've got all the stock parts anyone could ever need :p

sooooo, civic has a lathe hiding out behind the shed ????

sooooo, civic has a lathe hiding out behind the shed ????

Oh, I wish..... jeeze do I wish. One of these days I will have a lathe and knee milling machine.

I did this one all by hand my man. I used a 1/4" end mill carbide burr, a cylinder "orange" stone, and a sanding drum. The result is the same shape just not as "shiny" as one turned on a lathe.

When you get this build into a roller, I'll get to say,

[size=+5]"Prime, ROLL OUT!!!!"
[/size]
Teeeheeeeee, I'll be sure to do it to...

When you get this build into a roller, I'll get to say,

[size=+5]"Prime, ROLL OUT!!!!"
[/size]
Teeeheeeeee, I'll be sure to do it to...

LOL....you are already talking about a roller and I don't even have my frame yet!

I should have it soon. When I talk to my friend mike, I'm going to have him stretch a swingarm for me. I'm thinking +3.

Tonight I decided to clean up my clutch basket and get rid of the divots that were in it.

I also decided to try the shift star mod...

Been a while since the last update. I was pretty busy last week! Anyways, I spent a little time out in the shop tonight, I managed to finish putting my bottom end together LOL.
I also decided to paint my jug and head black..no more of that crappy half-faded, half-dirt stained color. Pics of the cylinder and head tomorrow or the next day.

Here's the stroker bottom end :)

Also, is it ok for me to use this coil? I know it's not a normal blaster coil.(obviously)

The numbers on the side read: "C2T4"

I forgot to mention one thing! I bought myself an exhaust. Found a great deal on a Toomey, should be here sometime next week. Pics when it gets here!

i believe slickerthanyou has a "white" colored coil, it should be fine