power band

allthingsmoto

Oct 12, 2011
Ohio
hey guys went riding yesterday and my power band broke. :( is there a thicker kind I can get? lol iv herd of Kevlar ones. What kind do you have?

:p

Make sure you get the adjustable ones from KaleCoAuto. HUGE Hp Gains. Get the blue version, thats the Yamaha one. The reds are for hondas, wont fit your blaster. Lawnmower belts work good as replacements too.

Power bands can be repaired successfully, if they are tensioned correctly in the jig!

The correct way to tension is to place both ends under the retaining clamps while someone pulls your leg.

Then while someone else has a lend of you, apply nuclear adhesive to the torn ends.

When the adhesive is set have a good laugh, then replace the power band.

Get the rainbow power band, it is FLAMING fast, and it comes with a funny looking 8" long plug that i think is a exhaust plug....lol

i have heard of those ^^^^^^ but never dare to run them as they can be lethal if used improperly
That's because only badasses use them
i have heard the rare purple polka dot ones are the best, or this kind vvvvvv
No way I call B.S. It's what ever color frame your's is.
Adjustable Powerband - $249.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!
and its adjustable!!
Kinda expencive
Power bands can be repaired successfully, if they are tensioned correctly in the jig!

The correct way to tension is to place both ends under the retaining clamps while someone pulls your leg.

Then while someone else has a lend of you, apply nuclear adhesive to the torn ends.

When the adhesive is set have a good laugh, then replace the power band.

Spot on correct

Just swap one from a yz, only prob. is that it will be difficult to ride with the handlebars trying to smash your face when riding... Lol good luck trying to find a new power band...

i always get a kick out of when people try to talk about their "power band" needing replaced and stuff....BUT BEING SERIOUS!

i tried to explain to a guy at work that there was no such thing, but he said "no there isnt a power band in the motor...its in your clutch."

i always get a kick out of when people try to talk about their "power band" needing replaced and stuff....BUT BEING SERIOUS!

i tried to explain to a guy at work that there was no such thing, but he said "no there isnt a power band in the motor...its in your clutch."

lol.... Its in the clutch.... That is funny as hell....:D

Power band is only a reference to the rpm range in which a motor makes its best power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when i was riding my yz 80 when i was a kid, i was at the track and some guy was riding a ttr 125, and we kind of raced around the track, and of course i beat him, when we got bak to the parking lot he said, man thats not fair you have a powerband everytime i caught up you just went braaaap powerband powerband powerband!!! i thought this was soo funny he also said that he was going to go get a powerband for his ttr and he would race me when he got it.. i just said ok...

lol.... Its in the clutch.... That is funny as hell....:D

Power band is only a reference to the rpm range in which a motor makes its best power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

believe me dude...i tried to tell him that...but since i'm 27 and he's 48, there is no possible way in hell that i might know what i'm talking about. LOL