Powder Coating Pictures

i may consider doin my small parts such as front bumper, grab bar, foot wells, pegs & so on. what you charge for all that? so tell me what is the stove used for? ive never seen this process done before so its all new to me.

No nothing special for aluminum but, aluminum tends to not want to have the powder "stick" to it as well and sometimes causes an orange peel effect.

No nothing special for aluminum but, aluminum tends to not want to have the powder "stick" to it as well and sometimes causes an orange peel effect.

I tried powder coating today and i did my heel guards this was my first thing i did and it bubbled up and it look like more of a "burnt?" color than it woulda been expected to be.
I baked it for 15 min at 400 and that's what the bottle says to do.
what am i doing wrong for it to bubble?

make sure you wipe it off with a lint free cloth after stripping it, harbor frieght powder seems to do that..not sure about teh burnt color..what kind of oven are you using?

make sure you wipe it off with a lint free cloth after stripping it, harbor freight powder seems to do that..not sure about teh burnt color..what kind of oven are you using?

harbor fright seems to do what allot? bubble?
and idk i got a pound of black on ebay idk if ittl be any good but ill forsure try what you recommend.

What kind of bubbling are you getting? If it is the powder making "air like" bubbles on the finished product then it is because you are getting clumps of powder on your product so when it bakes it creates a pocket. This can happen if you are running too much PSI through your gun or your gun is getting clogged and then "puking" the powder out once it starts to flow causing the powder to again clump and land on your product.

As far as teh burn I am not sure. What kind of over are you using? I hope its not your home over or you may as well call that toast and buy another one. The fumes from the powder are toxic and if baked in a oven used for food will contaminate it.

Try using eastwood power or cardinal (that is what I use) and see how that work for you.

I can tell you that the gun works fine. David and I have powdered many different things with the HF gun with no problems.