possible new frame opinions?

Those pics aren't very detailed, but from what I can see, it all looks good and straight. Without inspecting it in person, you'll never know 100%, but I'd call it a worthwhile gamble. If you could go pick it up, I'd say that's a deal right there if you win it for under $ 100.00 or so.

yep ill be picking it up, its only about an hour away from my house.

IF i get it and it is bent i can just attempt to splice my currently bent frame into it.

Hopefully i can win it for 25 bucks, and pick it up, but i bet if i did i may arrive and get the crap beat out of me for lowballin. lol

Hahaha, hey the seller IS the one who sets the minimum opening bid. He had better behave. Lol. Yeah, if you can go pick it up locally, go for it! That's a good deal, plus you're gonna get a factory master cylinder mount for rear hydro brakes, should you decide to convert later.

I would NEVER do any splicing of frames if it were my bike. You'll never get it exactly right, and IDK about you, but I ride hard and the last thing I want to worry about when out is whether or not my frame is gonna stay together. And I'm a good enough weldor that I could make it LOOK good. That doesn't mean its gonna be safe.

I'd just take a reasonable chance with this frame (it looks fine and nice and straight) and go get it. Should be problem solved for you. Plus its already a bare frame, so a paint job or PC will be easy should you want to do it before reassembly.

Hahaha, hey the seller IS the one who sets the minimum opening bid. He had better behave. Lol. Yeah, if you can go pick it up locally, go for it! That's a good deal, plus you're gonna get a factory master cylinder mount for rear hydro brakes, should you decide to convert later.

I would NEVER do any splicing of frames if it were my bike. You'll never get it exactly right, and IDK about you, but I ride hard and the last thing I want to worry about when out is whether or not my frame is gonna stay together. And I'm a good enough weldor that I could make it LOOK good. That doesn't mean its gonna be safe.

I'd just take a reasonable chance with this frame (it looks fine and nice and straight) and go get it. Should be problem solved for you. Plus its already a bare frame, so a paint job or PC will be easy should you want to do it before reassembly.

im geting the AWK hydro for the rear, they are still cheaper than doing a rear hydro swap using OEM parts. lol.

yea i'll be doing some prep work on this frame and my nerf bars i just picked up and painting them either flat black, or gloss black with flakes.

Cool deal! Can't wait to see... IDK if the AWK brake setup will work on a 2003 + frame. I mean, the caliper and swingarm mount bracket will be no problem, but you may have to get an OE style master cylinder and rear brake pedal and just use the factory mounting holes on the frame.