Positive Camber PLEASE HELP :( Pics*

FaH-S.A

Feb 25, 2010
South Africa (Durban)
www.facebook.com
Hi guys. I messed up real bad :( Was riding this past weekend and i rode the bike on two wheels on friday afternoon. Never noticed anything then. After i while I looked at my bike and noticed the right front wheel wasn't straight. It was tilted in. Thought the steering is just turned. Then i checked again and this time on a flat surface and its still the same. What could be bent? Are the tie-rods, bearings or a-arms bent? :( I hope it's not a huge prob and can i fix it myself?? My dad's gonna kick my ass cos i just messed up my new blasty!! :( Is it a huge job to repair and does it cost alot? Well heres some pics :
okx7c5.jpg

2me1ona.jpg

2q1dlea.jpg

It's usually a bent spindle when that happens. If you can't find a replacement (considering you are in SA) you could try rebending it to match the other side. I don't recommend that method but it's better than riding with it cambered like that.

Looked at the pics again and the tie-rods looked bent. I think thats it.. Damn

Oh i'm sorry to have bothered you with my expirience that i just had last weekend. You already have it all undercontrol.. go waste money on your connectiong rods. now i understand why you have neg rep here.

Oh i'm sorry to have bothered you with my expirience that i just had last weekend. You already have it all undercontrol.. go waste money on your connectiong rods. now i understand why you have neg rep here.

That was not a reply to your post. I just stated that. I never read ur reply until now. Anyway i think i'll just pick up a new spindle. And about the negative rep, probably another misunderstanding :)

Yes usually.

The bottom of the tire in means that the top of the spindle is bent downwards. You CAN straighten that one by comparing it to the other spindle or a known non-bent one.

i HAD a set of spindles a while ago, sold them to some dude in cape town. definately is a bent spindle tho. you gonna have to look on ebay, you may find some on gumtree but highly unlikey, bike hospital in JHB will probably help but they are VERY unfriendly and useless over the phone or email. they are also VERY expensive.

there must be a decent bike scrap yard in durbs? try locally but be warned you will pay thru your nose. ebay is your best bet, even with customs and shipping it will still be cheaper

Now don't everybody get their undies in a bunch. :D :eek:

Set the front end up on something so both sides are hanging. Then start looking. Get a bevel square or something to measure the angles of the a-arms, and spindles. Be best to pull wheels and hubs from the start. Check that both ball joints are tight and are tight in spindle. :D