Porting with Toomey B1 and no air box lid for trail riding

beastsr20

Nov 1, 2008
Hey guys,

Considering getting my engine ported up. I already have a toomey b1 and k&n filter with no airbox lid. Being searching the forums and when I read should I port, everyone says, Yes you will get a HUGE gain or something similar.

Now when people say "HUGE gain" I tend to think about 50% more power? Would this be reasonable to say 50% of a gain? Or can anybody give me a rough power increase in %.

And also, I have a 310 jet in there now, When it gets all ported up, do you need to change the jetting on the stock carby?

Thanks Heaps

yeah man porting is the way to go anybody you chose will definately do a good job for ya. if you get you cylinder ported i recomend getting a bigger carb like a 34mm pj or mabey something a little smaller like a oko 30mm.

i have a toomey kit and i asked flotek how my bike would be after some porting and his answer was basically ''it will amplify your power!''.. and he also told me that toomey make a good trail pipe too!

Hey guys,

Considering getting my engine ported up. I already have a toomey b1 and k&n filter with no airbox lid. Being searching the forums and when I read should I port, everyone says, Yes you will get a HUGE gain or something similar.

Now when people say "HUGE gain" I tend to think about 50% more power? Would this be reasonable to say 50% of a gain? Or can anybody give me a rough power increase in %.

And also, I have a 310 jet in there now, When it gets all ported up, do you need to change the jetting on the stock carby?

Thanks Heaps

pm all the builders and make your choice based on there response to your ?'s

estimated power

stock: 18hp
the way you are currently:20-25hp
with a port:30-35hp

DAMN... Dont you u hate when u post a question and not 1 person answers it correctly!??...lmao.. but im in the process of getting some porting done and when its all finished i'll be glad to let u know..

DAMN... Dont you u hate when u post a question and not 1 person answers it correctly!??...lmao.. but im in the process of getting some porting done and when its all finished i'll be glad to let u know..

LOL thats actually quite funny,

Umm to all you guys here, I'm in Australia, So I won't be using any of the builders in the US unfortunately. Would've been awesome if I could.

Okay yb200, your saying that i'll go to about a 10hp increase, so 20hp to 30hp is around a 50% gain. Sounds a little extreme to be honest, but if thats the case, I'll definatley do it. Surely one of the builders on this forum would have done a before and after dyno?

stock is somewhere under 20 hp, and most all the builders on here are getting over 30 hp after porting, and thats dyno proven, engine shop kind and ass dyno too!!! hahaaa
just do it, the stock blaster motor hasnt changed internally since it's first use in 1975 in a dirtbike, even yamaha has come a long way since then, understanding port timing and flow, but never changed it on the blaster cause it was meant for entry level riders and to appeal a wide range of first time buyers,
but the potential is there
just do it, you will not be disappointed