port polish

well they are are two things. Porting and polishing is cleaning up or modifying the ports on your engine to increase flow and get more ponys.

you should let some one experinsed do it if you mess up just once you can mess up your jug really bad and your going to have to get a new one if you mess up just once

for the record,he is referring to a dremal tool you know the hand held high speed cutting tool. And secondly i would also recommend sending it out...it take alot of special know how to do it correctly and not actually LOOSE power..there is so much that comes into play that it is unreal.A pro would take you head/cylinder and cut,and shape them to there time proven and reliable specs. This is not a practice to take lightly as a LOT can go wrong.
I am sure that Flotec,wildcard,or kennedy,or possibley even chutzell could shed more light on why NOT to jack with it yourself.

heres my cylinder from denny next to a stock one, u can see what porting does

102_2943.jpg

102_2942.jpg

i apoligize to denny for posting these pics, but it runs and looks so sweet brotha.........cant wait for the new race fuel setup whoo hoo

the setup i had was about 200$..but in order for a port job to have the full effect u need, right carb, right pipe and the right reeds such as v force