polishing my motor!!

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
i am a proud owner of a 1995 blaster!!
i took emery cloth to the motor then mediem grit steel wool so its smooth dull with fin strachs
what type of polish should i use to polish it ??????
and did i do the prep right and should i do anything else??? I:II:II:I

thanks i have a dremal have you guys ever tried the kits at walmart????? if yours have them

I sent my cases, head and cylinder out to have them polished. it was a little expensive but well worth it imo. I still go over all the parts with mother's though to keep it shining.
blasterbuild021.jpg

blasterbuild019.jpg

wher did you get that kick start bar and the polished cluch cover part that usd to be plastic??? sorry dont know whats its called

The kick starter is stock, I just cut the metal flap off of it and had it chromed. The stator cover is from t.m. designworks as well as the oil injection cover

how much did the oil injection cover & stator cover cost ???
where did you sent the bar for chromeing and how much ???

About $240 for the stator cover and the injection cover. I work at a shop that sends alot of parts out to get chromed so I threw the kick starter in with them. I think to chrome it it was like $20

i just finished todar but i used some stuff i got at a world of wheel (car show) its called master fourmala <spell> metal gloss and thay have a metal sealer that you put all over you polished parts like butter than let it dry like 5 min and wipe it off oworked pretty good for my cause all i did was steel wool than i polished it worked dreat!

I am not soliciting, but let me get some pics of some of the work I have done in the past. I used to work for a machine shop/finishing shop. We polished magnesium, stainless steel, cast, billet, and many other types of aluminums and metals.

I still have many tools in my arsenal, but if you want to get the perfect shine and save allot of time. Use greaseless compounds, start at 320 and move up to 800 or 1000 if you can find it. Use a die grinder w/ the correct arbor and right sized shanks. Remember to clean the part b/t each step and use a DIFFERENT buffing pad or wheel. When you get to past the cutting phase, you can use emery cake, then Tripoli, and sometimes white rouge if you want to add a significant amount of luster.​
In addition, dremels work ok, but some of the older ones vary RPM's too much or spin to fast, this causes a non-uniform finish.​
For clean up and maintenance I used pink and blue Wenol or Adams, it seems to work much better than mothers or some of the other brands.​
I could go on for hours and if this is not too clear I am tired, worked a long shift at work. I will get some pictures of my work and write a tutorial to help everyone on the forum. I love polishing metals and sharing my expertise with those willing to learn.

Just PM me if you need any help.

thanks but thats outa my budget and i cant add pics up cause my camera is screwed up but its ok looking but i didnt sand at all so its pretty good!

it's cool, just trying to give ya a pointer or two. You can do just as good a job if not better w/ sand paper, compounds, and lots and lots of elbow grease. I'd love to see pics whenever you get the chance to post em! I:I

you can get a pretty good shine with 600 grit and wheel polished after that if you take your time and make sure you get out the scratches from the previous steps. depending how bad your motor is i would start out somewhere around 120 regular paper and then work your way into the mic size paper. when you get into mic paper the lower the number the finer the grit. 30 mic would equal roughly 600 or better depending on how good your previous sanding step was.