polaris predator 90 boggs bad need help

I will take the belt off and see what it does. I think it is motor but at this point will try anything. Would the stock variator and weights or stock variator and 5gr weights with stock torque spring be better to run as I can put it back if need be.

no the new stuff is best... it very well could be the motor just have start eliminating stuff or you'll be chasing your tail

Yes its a bogg like you turn the choke on type of bogg. If you back off it will run good just not if you gas it again. Probably my fault we got off track but just want to give as much info as possible to help.

try the belt off and take it from there. When u take the belt off take out the rollers or wrap some tape around the bushing the belt rides on. Otherwise the rollers will fling out and get damaged when u start it since the belt wont be there to stop it

Thanks for the tip as that would of been all over the garage. What will the stator do if its going out. Could those ceramic coil things be going out or out and make it run like crap.

Yah this is like you just run out of carb at half throttle or at half throttle you pull the choke. It loses power and just falls on it face. Would a video of it running help.

ok i did a compression test and im at 120 psi. Throttle problem is more like at 1/4 throttle to 3/8 throttle. Almost like its losing fuel.

Ok so was working on it today and fired it up to see if any better and was running like crap when it fired up. I figured it was from the cylinder being wet as when i pulled the plug it was wet. Anyways got it fired and took it for a ride and when i opened the throttle it bogged real bad then backfired. Well reeds are broke now and top end is off fishing out reeds. My question is what causes this to the piston.
2012-02-01_14-08-42_476.jpg

if the cvt is having problems the engine will load up because it cant clear out ..... so did u look at it. 120 is real low compression for a new topend

I have a 2005 predator 90 with the hetrick pipe and big bore. I'm having issues with it bogging down in forward. Runs like a champ in reverese... It will bogg on the start off in forward but will run fine once it builds some speed up.