plug chops

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
i did a few plug chops today.... how do these look?

2j5hrpj.jpg

heres the pics.... the first 2 plugs are with 3/4 air, 2nd clip, and 310 main
3rd plug was 320, 3/4 air, and 2nd clip,
4th was 320, 1/2 air, and 2nd clip

how does it feel? bare in mind that plug chops only really test main jet, perhaps you have too many variables here. keep pilot and neelde the same but change mains to get a more accurate result.

They dont look bad, nor do they look very different. you shouldnt be far off with a 310/320

how does it feel? bare in mind that plug chops only really test main jet, perhaps you have too many variables here. keep pilot and neelde the same but change mains to get a more accurate result.

They dont look bad, nor do they look very different. you shouldnt be far off with a 310/320

It feels awesome!!! And there's a tad bit of smoke comming front the exhaust when it's warm. And that's all I did for the first 3 plugs

heres the "better" pic..... the first 4 are the same as the first 4 up there ^^^^ and the last one is the most final one with the same-ish specs as the last plug chop in the previous pic. just adjusted the sir screw 1/8 leaner. there was a decent amount of somke comming from the exhaust, and i think its running a bit rich, but once the weather warms up, i think it will be perfect. what do u guys think?

i6gj2h.jpg

when i had a 310, very little smokke came from the pipe, it was strong, but the little/no smoke kinda scared me. and i also race MX, so i kinda want it to run a little rich. im glad that i got it rite tho lol it was killing to get it good lol

are you ported? I ran a 330 main with my mods in my sig for ages, was very happy and was just right. so if you not ported im sure the 310 is right, the plugs are saying black which is just over "right" are you talking about seeing smoke at WOT?

Each bike is different, try a 330 and see what happens

are you ported? I ran a 330 main with my mods in my sig for ages, was very happy and was just right. so if you not ported im sure the 310 is right, the plugs are saying black which is just over "right" are you talking about seeing smoke at WOT?

Each bike is different, try a 330 and see what happens

310 evan when the temps hit at most 100°( pribs won't even get past 90°)? and I couldn't tell at WOT, cause I was more worried about holding on and looking for traffic lol. My engine is stock other tha powercore 2, fmf gnarly pipe, bored .30, open airbox, UNI foam filter.

By the time you get to those temps you will want to drop one size. At least you're being smart about it I:I Make a little log book of your jetting, including temps and all settings. Then if you get to a track and the weather is way different you will be ready.

As to rejetting, when I was running my drag bike there were times I ran one jet in morning for testing and changed for afternoon racing.

i would keep an eye on it once it starts getting warmer out, if it starts feeling a little sluggish, then i would change it

What temp should I most Limey drop to the 320? Like 80 or so?

Your going to need to drop to a smaller jet as the weather warms up. If it was 50 degrees with the 310, when it warms up to near 70 degrees drop to a 300, when it nears 90 gegrees drop to a 290.
Of course your going to want to do some more chops to confirm any changes you make to your bike.
Have some green for doing the right thing and rejetting for your new pipe.