Please help meee

ACE96BLASTER

Jun 15, 2013
Beckley even
Ok guys an gals I bout a 1996 yamaha blaster the guy I bought it from didn't know much about it except his son was riding and it died and wouldn't restart and here we are what I know about it... Has been bored over .40 according to piston has fmf gold series exhaust fmf silencer tors has been removed oil delete has been installed... I started with draining all fluids changing plug to stock b8es plug cleaned tank and carb has spark plug smells like gas I know it's getting air cuz air box is removed still wouldn't start so I tore the head apart where I found a like new piston with a wiesco piston nice rings nice piston kind if crappy gaskets ordered new ones and new reeds cylinder looks good ports look good.... Hopefully gaskets fix my problem... Any advice or tips would be nice thanks guy
Sorry if in wrong place or has been discussed

Last edited:
those /\/\/\ and.......

you must run some type of filter...you "say airbox is removed" ?

Will put it back together and do the leak down test and compression test as for the air filter it is only off because I'm working on it will give u guys a update as soon as I get my parts in and do the test thanks for quick replies

Has a really strong spark had alot of nasty stuff in the head when I took it apart no metal or anything like that I'm hoping the cleaning new plug new reeds and new fluids will have it running again

No haven't checked the jets yet. was going to do that this afternoon before work, and my gaskets and reeds should be at my p.o box today!! I will go pick that stuff up and some new bolts for the cylinder that where stripped. do the compression test but have to go to lows to get parts for leak down tester. Should be able to let y'all know something tomorrow night

Alright guys this where I'm at. Put it back together great compression 150 actually sounded like was goin to fire first kick but no kick spring broke so I push started it started right up but would not idle so any way messed wit the idle air screw couldn't get it right anyway was taking it on sum easy laps an one time forgot to turn gas on when it was running out of gas it ran perfect

If it was running perfect when it ran out of gas that means you are on the rich side. What jets are in the carb? Stock carb? Mods? Clean air filter? Air screw 1.5 turns out?

Mods: bored .40 over has Vito's racing stage 2 reeds fmf gold series pipe and fmf silencer. Has stock carb with 250 jet and the air filter was off. I also found I was loosing spark when I grabbed a spot on the frame... So I will undo all wiring wrap all the wires in new tape then put air filter on an see what she says then

Mods: bored .40 over has Vito's racing stage 2 reeds fmf gold series pipe and fmf silencer. Has stock carb with 250 jet and the air filter was off. I also found I was loosing spark when I grabbed a spot on the frame... So I will undo all wiring wrap all the wires in new tape then put air filter on an see what she says then

i'm about the same mods as you and i have a 300 main for 65'ish weather at 200 feet asl. i would try a 300 and work down.i will say that mine is rich but it's peace of mind knowing in not lean

Def get a variety of bigger Jets I bought 270 to. 330 at my local shop. I blew mine up first day running stock 230 jet with toomey b1 kit with uni filter guy told me it was all good and I knew nothing about 2 strokes. Them subsequently blew up again because the factory oil line wasn't plugged off. Major air leak.

Take your time and go over your motor is with it in the long run what cost 50 bucks now to check will save you hundreds. This forum had helped alot and people are good to supporting members here give great advice/help. Best thing that has happenedto me since I got my blaster